affordable vintage project cars.

cletus8269

I've probably bought about 500 old models (58-80 vintage, 1:24/1:25th scale) from ebay in the last decade...I have about 1500 newer and older ones in my collection, mostly unbuilt..got to get around to building them eventually...but at the rate I build, it will take a while..

I remember at one time I had almost 200 built....amazing what being a car nut can do to you.

I swear, cars are like crack...addictive....

Chris

the whole top part of my closet is full of em. i really need to get them on photobucket and show em off. they wont win any shows but they look good on my shelf.

off the top of my head i got

2 1962 belairs one stock one super stock

61 impala

64 impala

70 impala

94 impala

1/12 scale 69 z28

66 nova

1990 ss 454 1500

1987 buick gn

1986 ss monte carlo aerocoupe

70 boss 420

70 mach 1

70 hemi cuda

70 challenger t/a

70 trans am

69 ss chevelle

69 super bee

70 road runner

70 daytona

68 charger

04 gto

66 gto

60 pontiac bonneville

69 yenko camaro

69 ss nova

66 rivierra

and i am prety sure i got 3 or 4 missing from that list. i know i have built several and given them away as gifts.

a 2000 s10 extreme with an ls1 conversion courtesy of a botched model

72 chevelle

and i built a 1/12 scale 57 belair to the options and color of my grandparents they used to own. pink and white with grey interior.

I have a buddy that is a serious car nut who has(d) a large group of AMT, Johan, and other rare kits dating back to the early 60's...literally hundreds of new, never opened kits in MINT condition...that were lost to the floods back in June. He cannot even bring himself to go look at the storage building where they were stored.

buddy of mine found some old model cars sealed on ebay.

looky

even one for you too camino prolly the cheapest one you could get hehe

Somewhere I have the "Black Knight" version of that kit (sans camper top).

It is still unbuilt, and purchased in about '78 or '79 I would guess. For some stupid reason, they decided to "equip" it with a V6. :rolleyes:

Probably why I never built the kit...