Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Want to Know How Retarded I Am?

Cory Wolfe

Well... I had the headlight completely unconnected and it wasn't comming off with the bumper in place. There was some shrouding over it on the driver side which I did remove to remove the headlight. I can see the wire, but I can't touch it. It is tight and and my hands aren't that big... I'll take a pic sometime.

If it helps. here is an enlarged photo of the RH side:
Posted Image

Looks like there are no screw holes to speak of. Come to think of it, I believe the marker lights in my dad's 97 Skylark clip into the bumper as well. you might be able to either pry it out as cmattson said, or just grab it around the edges and give it a tug.

I figured it out thanks to the Grand Am gurus... :P Appearantly after removing a certain screw at the top of it and behind the headlight, it should come right out. It didn't for me so I thought it was connected below the bumper as well. No... it was just stuck since it was probably the first time it was ever removed and had alot of dirt in it. As for the bulbs. It thought they were 194s but they looked bigger through the plastic. They are indeed 194s. I had already boughten them... blue ones that shine white! :D I just put them in. I'll have some pics once it gets dark. B)

Oh shut up... :P

Anyways, here are the pics. Nothin' special, but better than amber.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Also... I'm not please with the fog lights I bought. They're not any whiter nor brighter than the regular ones I had before. They still have that yellow tint that I hate. Oh well... too late now... I have bigger issues.

This is an impossible picture in Massachusetts. They make it so that fog lights can't be on unless the headlights are also on. <_<

[post="40436"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yup, our state sucks. It's run by as bunch of beurocratic morons!!!

Now as far as the wholething wiht this side marker, I was going to tell you what you already know. The later '96-98 GAs have a one piece lamp cluster that eliminates this kind of guess work.