Opinions?

FAPTurbo

This car used to be parked outside one of my dad's apartment buildings, and although it was an I6, I was always enamoured with it. However, the owner never put it for sale, moved, and I hadn't seen it for the past year.

Now it's on Craigslist, and I'm wondering if it's worthwhile checking out, because it'd be a bit of a drive. Last I saw it, it had surface rust, but to what extent escapes me. It's also a two speed auto, so it'll have a hard time keeping up with a Geo Metro.

Has anyone had any experience with this powertrain, and if I were to check it out, is there anything I should be aware of in particular with this model?

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/cto/1008892813.html

My brother owns a '68 'bird coupe with a PowerGlide; his does 9.9s in the quarter. Oh; yeah- with a 400.

Cammers are sweet motors, stock 4bbl cars put out 230 HP, IIRC. I do believe there's a bit of a logjam WRT aftermarket cams. Not aware of any inherant problems with this powertrain, tho.

A 1960s Pontiac hardtop with an I6-OHC is on my list of MUST haves.

(before I die)

Here's an idea:

pre-war Pontiac shell from a junkyard/someone's back yard (say 1933-39)

+

orphaned Pontiac OHC-6

=

One hell of an original Rat Rod. :spin: