Massachusetts Winters

Aug.

12 - Moved into our new home in Massachusetts . It is so beautiful here. The

hills and river valleys are so picturesque. I have a beautiful old oak tree in

my front yard. Can hardly wait to see the change in the seasons. This is truly

God's Country.

Oct.

14 - Massachusetts is such a gorgeous place to live, one of the real

special places on Earth. The leaves are turning a multitude of different colors.

I love all of the shades of reds, oranges and yellows, they are so bright. I

want to walk through all of the beautiful hills and spot some white tail deer..

They are so graceful, certainly they must be the most peaceful creatures on

Earth. This must be paradise.

Nov.

11 - Deer season opens this week. I can't imagine why anyone would want to shoot

these elegant animals. They are the very symbol of peace and tranquility here in

Massachusetts . I hope it snows soon. I love it here!

Dec.

2 - It snowed last night. I woke to the usual wonderful sight: everything

covered in a beautiful blanket of white. The oak tree is magnificent. It looks

like a postcard. We went out and swept the snow from the steps and driveway. The

air is so crisp, clean and refreshing. We had a snowball fight. I won, and the

snowplow came down the street. He must have gotten too close to the driveway

because we had to go out and shovel the end of the driveway again. What a

beautiful place. Nature in harmony. I love it here!

Dec.

12 - More snow last night. I love it! The plow did his cute little trick again.

What a rascal. A winter wonderland. I love it here!

Dec.

19 - More snow - couldn't get out of the driveway to get to work in time. I'm

exhausted from all of the shoveling. And that snowplow!

Dec.

21 - More of that white $h! coming down. I've got blisters on my hands and a

kink in my back. I think that the snowplow driver waits around the corner until

I'm done shoveling the driveway. Asshole.

Dec.

25 - White Christmas? More freakin' snow. If I ever get my hands on the

sonofabitch who drives that snowplow, I swear I'll castrate him. And why don't

they use more salt on these roads to melt this crap??

Dec.

28 - It hasn't stopped snowing since Christmas. I have been inside since then,

except of course when that SOB "Snowplow Harry" comes by. Can't go anywhere,

cars are buried up to the windows. Weather man says to expect another 10 inches.

Do you have any idea how many shovelfuls 10 inches is??

Jan.

1 - Happy New Year? The way it's coming down it won't melt until the 4th of

July! The snowplow got stuck down the road and the $h!head actually had

the balls to come and ask to borrow a shovel! I told him I'd broken 6 already

this season.

Jan.

4 - Finally got out of the house. We went to the store to get some food and a

goddamn deer ran out in front of my car and I hit the bastard. It did $3,000 in

damage to the car. Those beasts ought to be killed. The hunters should have a

longer season if you ask me.

Jan.

27 - Warmed up a little and rained today. The rain turned the snow into ice and

the weight of it broke the main limb of the oak tree in the front yard and it

went through the roof. I should have cut that old piece of $h! into fireplace

wood when I had the chance.

May

23 - Took my car to the local garage. Would you believe the whole underside of

the car is rusted away from all of that damn salt they dump on the road? Car

looks like a bashed up, heap of rusted cow $h!.

June 10 - Sold the car, the house,

and moved to Florida . I can't imagine why anyone in their freakin' mind would

ever want to live in the God forsaken State of Massachusetts .

:yes:

Also this is a parody on some other version that wasn't MA but was the same idea. I think it was posted a while back.

Ya, could easily be Ohio or PA or many other places in the Midwest/NE......Ohio has the rolling hills, valleys, fall colours, changing of the seasons, deer, rusty cars, beautiful scenery in the fall and spring...but Oct-March is often disgusting gray, cold, damp and snowy..this has been a particularly brutal winter back home so far.

Edited by moltar

Funny, but what does this have to do with "the coasts"? There are a lot of places not along the coasts that this could easily apply to, and lots of places along the coasts that this wouldn't apply to...

Yeah, nothing to do with the coasts... it's more of why winter sucks in the Rust Belt. Maybe because MA has a coast is why the original poster thought it had anything to do with the 'coasts'. Amusing little story, applicable to many places, but the thread title is wrong.

It's more of an argument for the coasts, esp. the areas further south where the winters aren't disgusting.

Edited by moltar

Funny, but what does this have to do with "the coasts"?

Hating on Massachussetts is part of the Republican party platform. Many here bring up hatred for MA and CA with the possible CARB vs EPA thing. It is unacceptable to express those soughts of sentiments about the center of the country. Of course bad weather applies to non-coastal states too.

That could be PA as well, especially in the Pocono's. Needless to say I can't wait for spring to come.

It's coming fast! Yesterday it was beautiful here, albeit only 34 degrees at the highest. But the sun was out, skies were blue, and birds were chirping!

Today it's down to the 20s, tomorrow in the 10s, then it's warming up to low 40s (and rain) for the weekend! Followed by a week completely in the 30s. :smilewide:

:confused0071: a bit of a stretch for a political arguement, no?

The idea was to avoid the political arguements in the original post, but obviously I failed at that. I should have just posted it and just been a big boy about accepting possible "negative" comments.

When I was younger, I enjoyed shoveling snow. Now I wear 4 layers of clothing and a knit cap if the tmeperature isn't above 80. :dizzy:

The idea was to avoid the political arguements in the original post, but obviously I failed at that. I should have just posted it and just been a big boy about accepting possible "negative" comments.

When I was younger, I enjoyed shoveling snow. Now I wear 4 layers of clothing and a knit cap if the tmeperature isn't above 80. :dizzy:

I hear you... walking to the parking garage after work yesterday, it was about 72 and I was wearing a light jacket...it felt cool. I've become acclimatized to Phoenix, would probably freeze to death if I tried spending a winter in Ohio or Michigan again.

Edited by moltar

It's coming fast! Yesterday it was beautiful here, albeit only 34 degrees at the highest. But the sun was out, skies were blue, and birds were chirping!

Today it's down to the 20s, tomorrow in the 10s, then it's warming up to low 40s (and rain) for the weekend! Followed by a week completely in the 30s. :smilewide:

GM needs to move it's headquarters to someplace warm, Madrid, Lisbon, Rome, Key West even ...

GM needs to move it's headquarters to someplace warm, Madrid, Lisbon, Rome, Key West even ...

Nah, Key West is too dinky (I grew up 50 miles from there), and has the little problem of hurricanes (and 1 road in and out, and a tiny airport). Maybe Phoenix or somewhere in the LA area..

Edited by moltar

Nah, Key West is too dinky (I grew up 50 miles from there), and has the little problem of hurricanes (and 1 road in and out, and a tiny airport). Maybe Phoenix or somewhere in the LA area..

California too expensive to live and do business for a company coming from the midwest.

But Arizona or Nevada would both be pretty good.....maybe a bit warm in the summer, but overall GREAT weather.....relatively low cost-of-living......pro-business climates......usually attractive places for people to live or visit.....hence attractive places to help recruit new employees.

I remember from my GM days, the districts/territories that were ALWAYS the most highly-sought after by District Managers and zone staffs were Nevada, Arizona, Texas, Florida.....basically good weather, low cost-of-living locales with newer infractructures, suburbs, etc.

On the flipside, the inside joke is.....we used to have the toughest time getting people to transfer to CA for obvious reaons (#1 being cost of housing, of course) but the joke was, after you forced them to move there, a few years later when you wanted to transfer them again, you couldn't pry their cold, dead, fingers off of the keys to their CA residence.

Edited by The O.C.