I'm calling you out Sixty Eight!

In the United States, the Bill of Rights is the name by which the first ten amendments to the United States Constitution are known.[1] They were introduced by James Madison to the First United States Congress in 1789 as a series of constitutional amendments, and came into effect on December 15, 1791, when they had been ratified by three-fourths of the States. Thomas Jefferson was the main proponent of the Bill of Rights.

Hey Oldsmoboi, It might help your case if you explain what specifically you are calling 68 out for. I know, probably like most members, we try and stay on top of all issues and threads but this one has me blank as to what this has to do with Auto's or what you are calling him out about. Please elaborate so we all can understand the challange.

Thank you, :)

Many people forget that our current form of government didn't start in 1776. It started twelve years later (or 1/2 of the J-body lifespan) in 1788 when New Hampshire ratified the Constitution. The Bill of Rights didn't go into effect until 1791.

The Declaration of Independence written and approved in 1776, while one of the most profound documents to ever be written, has no bearing on U.S. law.

Many people forget that our current form of government didn't start in 1776. It started twelve years later (or 1/2 of the J-body lifespan) in 1788 when New Hampshire ratified the Constitution. The Bill of Rights didn't go into effect until 1791.

The Declaration of Independence written and approved in 1776, while one of the most profound documents to ever be written, has no bearing on U.S. law.

Interesting...didn't know that factoid about 1791...though I'm sure I read in history class in school decades ago.

Yeah.... I did think to actually be more accurate in either my

sig. or perhaps to word it better... never got around to it.

Basically, 1776 sounds way more catchy than 1791 or 1789.

I'll reword it soon, or perhaps I'll just rewrite the whole thing.

Yeah.... I did think to actually be more accurate in either my

sig. or perhaps to word it better... never got around to it.

Basically, 1776 sounds way more catchy than 1791 or 1789.

I'll reword it soon, or perhaps I'll just rewrite the whole thing.

Or change your line to end with 'for over 300 years.' or 'since before any of us were born', both of which are factual, yet not year-specific.

Or change your line to end with 'for over 300 years.' or 'since before any of us were born', both of which are factual, yet not year-specific.

I think 1791 is the best option for the sig. While passable, your suggestions still sound like someone who is ignorant and pulling something out of their asses to cover it up. C'mon 68. 1791. It's your friend, and would make you seem smarter.

Well you have had that sig up for a surprisingly long time. I guess you are due for a new one. :P

You can't TOP a 452cu.in. (narrow-angle, OHV) V-16 powered Cadillac.

If I tried hard enough I might, but it would result in:

1.) a car that never even came CLOSE to production

2.) the universe would explode

---

Getting back on topic:

The BASIS of the idea of a country where the government

would be afraid of its' citizens and not vice versa due to

guaranteed access to firearms and free speech was WELL

under way by 1776, I think we can ALL agree on that.

Just as a Small Block Chevy was released to the masses

in production cars in the fall of 1954 as a '55 M.Y. and

yet it EXISTED in prototype form and in stockpiled mass

production for years & months respectivelly.

....sound like someone who is ignorant and pulling something out of their asses to cover it up. C'mon 68. 1791. It's your friend, and would make you seem smarter.

Yeah, can't argue with that, should've been more carefull w. my wording.

Getting back on topic:

The BASIS of the idea of a country where the government

would be afraid of its' citizens and not vice versa due to

guaranteed access to firearms and free speech was WELL

under way by 1776, I think we can ALL agree on that.

Just as a Small Block Chevy was released to the masses

in production cars in the fall of 1954 as a '55 M.Y. and

yet it EXISTED in prototype form and in stockpiled mass

production for years & months respectivelly.

While the 1791 Bill of Rights wouldn't have happened without the events of 1776, there was a great amount of debate over which articles to even submit for ratification. None of the amendments were sure things. There were those who wanted controlled arms and some restrictions of press.

Let's not enter a debate on the validity of such positions either way because then I have to move this to politics. This is just a history lesson.