2005 Bonneville GXP

:wub: I drove in the passenger seat when I took my dad to the GM test-drive event. I wasn't old enough to drive but I loved the Bonnie (and GTO). It's a shame it isn't RWD and has a better interior but I'd take it in a heartbeat. Anyone want to give one away? Subsidize one?

:wub: I drove in the passenger seat when I took my dad to the GM test-drive event.  I wasn't old enough to drive but I loved the Bonnie (and GTO).  It's a shame it isn't RWD and has a better interior but I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Anyone want to give one away?  Subsidize one?

[post="40911"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree--outside, the latest Bonnevilles were an example of one of the BEST GM designs in a long while. It's just too bad you couldn't have those looks matched to a better performing RWD chassis and a MASSIVELY better interior. As is, it's a great car, but could have been SO much more, if they just tried to keep it updated and improved periodically, rather than just letting it slide off the scales.

One thing I have noticed is how the leftover '05 Bonneville's seem to be the worst selling GM car in the past year, or at least the one that sits on the lot the longest. Dealers that have no 2005 anything at this point, still, on average, have at least 2 or 3 new Bonnie's sitting around collecting dust, especially the GXP models.

The fact that there was virtually no marketing for the car whatsoever certainly didn't help matters either. Well, that, and the 300C....I think if that car hasn't given GM a wakeup call, it at least helped shovel out the grave for the Bonnie on its first day.

I still think this is a design that makes a 300 SRT-8 or boxy Dodge blush. The GXP is probably the best G-body GM has ever built - smooth and powerful Northstar V8, proven chassies, all the goodies (HUD, 10-way seats, Monsoon stereo), and one helluva look.

Just too bad it couldn't get a real update, where they threw out the god awful interior (by far the WORST part of the car) and gave it the most up to date mechanicals. Out of the whole GM line, it still seems like one of the most widely "leftover" '05s is the Bonneville... B) Edited by caddycruiser

I always really like the Bonnevilles although I still would have to say my favourite year for them was the 1992-1995s. Not to say these last ones weren't impressive cars or anything but I think if they had somehow incorporated the front end of those years into the last ones they would have made a good car even better. B)