Pricing info for the LS9 crate

:mind-blowing: SWEET :mind-blowing:

That would rock to put it in a nice sleeper car and then just shock the hell out of people.

I would love to have this in my Fav of all cars, 1984 Monte Carlo SS with the V back rear window in that awesome dark burgundy color. That was one of the best coupes GM made. :smilewide:

I want one of these teamed up with an overbuilt transaxle and stuffed into the rear of a Smart. ;-)

You would have to hollow out the Smart and mount a Recaro where the windshield used to be.

The budget for tires alone would be daunting. Need a sponsor.

You would have to hollow out the Smart and mount a Recaro where the windshield used to be.

The budget for tires alone would be daunting. Need a sponsor.

Yeah, the tire budget would be nuts.

The Smart does have a surprisingly large amount of engine space... granted, not for a LS9. I suppose you could fit it, but the transaxle would be hard to fit. It would be impossible to work on, cool and there would be no place for a gas tank. There would be no space for catalytics or a muffler.

I scoped out the Smart at one of the autoshows for the express reason to do the Hayabusa upgrade.

_WANT

The only problem is that there's not too many modern cars worthy of this engine 8).

The trick is to use these to keep the old cars alive. But I would actually be pretty happy with a crate LSX376.

GMPP has some pretty trick stuff, making these drivetrains almost modular, so retrofitting is _way_ easier than trying to stuff a LS2 into a old Camaro.

• 11 months later...

<!--quoteo(post=472566:date=Feb 21 2009, 06:29 AM:name=longtooth)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (longtooth @ Feb 21 2009, 06:29 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=472566"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You would have to hollow out the Smart and mount a Recaro where the windshield used to be.

The budget for tires alone would be daunting. Need a sponsor.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, the tire budget would be nuts.

The Smart does have a surprisingly large amount of engine space... granted, not for a LS9. I suppose you could fit it, but the transaxle would be hard to fit. It would be impossible to work on, cool and there would be no place for a gas tank. There would be no space for catalytics or a muffler.

I scoped out the Smart at one of the autoshows for the express reason to do the Hayabusa upgrade.

Maybe this would help the tire budget by reducing tire spin?

http://www.mattracks.com/

Summitt Racing has it on their website..cracks me up, I could click and order an engine about as easily as ordering a book on Amazon.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/NAL-19201990

It would be cool to put one in a G8, '94-96 Impala SS, Tahoe, or Suburban.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar