What A Way to Wake Up This Morning

Dragon

On my way to work this morning, about 7:30am (on the 401 near the 404 for those who know Toronto) still half asleep, I looked in my rear view and saw an oddly familiar face. It took me a second to realize what it was and, well, I think smilies can best sow my reactions, I went from :huh: to :o to :omfg: to :metal:

It was an inferno orange SS in the wild

Yes I pinched myself and no it wasn't a dream.

The guy (who I assume is a GM engineer) was giving here a good run, about 130kph, and I kept pace so I could take in as much as a could. All I can say, is wow, that she looks just as good, if not better, on the road, then they ever did at the shows, and the sound...oooohhhh the sound.

Scott Settlmire and the Camaro marketing team were here in Ohio today and they drove down in their new Camaro SS's.

They were parked outside at the IX center this morning.

The car is side are great. There are a few things I would have liked to see different but nothing majore.

The press will kill them for their lack of rear leg room and the poor trunk opening. I know to most enthusiast that is not an issue but to the press they will be all over it I am affraid. Just looke at how they dwell on the lack if room in a Solstice.

Scott Settlmire and the Camaro marketing team were here in Ohio today and they drove down in their new Camaro SS's.

They were parked outside at the IX center this morning.

The car is side are great. There are a few things I would have liked to see different but nothing majore.

The press will kill them for their lack of rear leg room and the poor trunk opening. I know to most enthusiast that is not an issue but to the press they will be all over it I am affraid. Just looke at how they dwell on the lack if room in a Solstice.

But the Solstice has a lack or room, period. I don't even fit in it because I'm too tall. I'm sure (I hope) the Camaro has enough room for front seat occupants. I'm kind of shocked to hear the back seat is more of a tight squeeze as compared to the last generation, but I bet it's because the F4 had such thin seat backs.

But the Solstice has a lack or room, period. I don't even fit in it because I'm too tall. I'm sure (I hope) the Camaro has enough room for front seat occupants. I'm kind of shocked to hear the back seat is more of a tight squeeze as compared to the last generation, but I bet it's because the F4 had such thin seat backs.

I fit is a Solstice fine as do most people. Some people don't fit in a Vette because they are too fat too. Some cars are just not for everyone.

The Camaro back seat with the front seat moved all the way back would be good for LT Dan.

It is like 911 leg room.

I know most people will drive with the seat forward more but a tall driver will not very many people in back.

The optional interior light is now a go for the car. They only will have them in the doors as they had issues with it in the dash.

The trunk lid is large but the opening is small and will not take much in large square boxes or the like. You could fold the rear seat and put them in this way. But this is not a car most will be hauling much more than a$$ in anyway. I am sure there is some crash standad issue that is the root cause for this.

The door lock button is in the center of the lower dash console area. I would assume because the car was intended at one time for left hand drive in OZ.

The interiors of the three cars I was in were all Preproduction. But the one did get the new carbon like dash inserts that looked better than the cloth.

Over all the Camaro is very nice and I could live with one very easy. I knoe everyone will pick at it for what ever. But we all should just be glad it is here and we finally got it.

The more impressive car I thought was the Equinox. The new Nox has really changed for the better. I thing this will be a real hit with GM.

I saw the Camaro in person finally today. It was an absolutely hideous color, some kind of electric teal. The car looks good. The size seems a bit on the large side, but it's tiny compared to the ENORMOUS Challenger.

I went to the Challanger right after getting out of the Camaro then went to the Mustang.

The Challanger is a nice looking car but tghey should have done an interior. It is down right cheap looking and makes you feel like your just in one of their big sedans.

The Mustage has a similar feel to the Camaro but the materials in the GT felt like the base Camaro. The RS makes it much nicer.

Even witrh the flaws the Camaro felt better inside.

On note the rear blind spot in the Challanger is the worst of the three and one of the worst I have seen in any car for years. I own a Fiero and a HHR with bad blind sports and can say the Challanger tops them both.