I think it's time

...for me to start picking out cars to test drive.

I usually think about a new car purchase for several years before I make a decision, so don't read anything about timing into this.

However, I need to familiarize myself with the "new territory" of Ford and Dodge dealerships.

And there is no substitute for actual seat time.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well are you looking for a new truck or a car? There isn't a whole lot outside of the Mustang and Challenger. If you're talking used, your options are endless. I think you could have a ton of fun with a Ford Lightning.

Just new, that's where the decision is tough.

There are plenty of used toys for me to choose from. (I haven't sworn-off used GM stuff)

Cadillac CTS 3.6 DI

Cadillac CTS-V

Cadillac STS

Cadillac STS-V

BMW 335d

Basically anything else BMW makes

Mercedes C-Class

Whatever the hell their coupes are called these days

Dodge Charger

Chrysler 300C

Mercury Grand Marquis!

Lincoln Town Car

Sadly, there is nothing on that list I'd want. Even BMW is now a letdown in the looks department in addition to costing too much.

Maybe go cheap with a Jeep?

Nah, can't quite see it.

Well a Wrangler would get you pretty close o what you want. RWD, stick, 2 doors (removable no less), an open (or closed) cargo area.

I don't know how long you would plan to keep this new purcahse, but if it was for a long time, Chrysler's Lifetime warranty is a perk.

Well a Wrangler would get you pretty close o what you want. RWD, stick, 2 doors (removable no less), an open (or closed) cargo area.

I don't know how long you would plan to keep this new purcahse, but if it was for a long time, Chrysler's Lifetime warranty is a perk.

All true.

But it really isn't what I'm looking for.

I want something that is a major switch from the truck. I loved getting out of the truck at the end of the day and enjoying the comfort and performance of the GTO and the Hawk.

That's what I want the next one to provide.

f@#k new cars! Buy a '60 Cadillac!

1960CadillacDevillecoupe.jpg

(a long-term want of mine :lol: )

You know I love the old stuff, but I think I'll leave the Caddies to you.

I will always mess with old cars, but I know myself well enough to be fairly certain that a new car is still in my future.

Thing is, I bide my time until one really makes me happy.