I think it's time

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:unsure: so sorry... i didnt realize a few cars with less than 3000 and in one case 512 miles dont constitute as a new vehicle. i'll be over in the corner doing hail marys

:lol: Don't sweat it. It's not like you're the only one who forgot that he's current list is for new cars, since he already has hundreds of used choices.

We'll I do not know how big you are if in tall or wide, but as a Tall person, 6'6" and 275 so a bit of width, I have always and always will enjoy my SUV's and trucks.

Now with that said, you mentioned a fun bang for your buck that is NOT a Truck.

New Trailblazer AWD SS. Trust me that vehicle totally rocks. Get it black, and have the polished wheels black chromed and make sure to Limo Black out the rear windows and 50% tint on the driver and passenger side front doors and you have a wicked fast ride.

Course then you can go back later and add a supercharger or many other performance parts that only make it better.

Course you could also go for:

Denali SUV Luxury on the cheap but strong V8 for fun which can be kick ass if you add a magna charger to it.

Buick Enclave can be allot of fun, add on of the turbo chargers to it to spool up and smoke.

Dodge Durango RT, they are very cheap and rock with the Hemi.

Jeep GC SRT8

Think mid size CUV / SUV or full size SUV and go for the custom fun factor.

Personally I think you cannot get a better package than the Trail Blazer AWD SS! :smilewide:

Camino:

Why the heck do you NEED a new car?

In this economy....? Use the money thusly:

40% to finish all your projects

20% to purchase a couple firearms

40% to buy ammo for said firearms!

We aint seen 'NOTHIN yet!

It's 1929 all over again... fine: 1930.

When 1933, 1934 & 1939 arrive a new car will be as

worthless as a nice cold beer to a drowning man.

DF is right, its that dumbass hoarding mentality thats going to turn the recession into a depression.

Camino, you should just take a day or two to test drive EVERYTHING, even the cars you're not really interested in buying (G8, G37, 1-Series, Genesis) just for the sake of doing it. Who knows, one of them might surprise you. I'm not saying you'll find the Genesis to be super-fantastic, but you may gain a new level of respect for the machine.

DF is right, its that dumbass hoarding mentality thats going to turn the recession into a depression.

Camino, you should just take a day or two to test drive EVERYTHING, even the cars you're not really interested in buying (G8, G37, 1-Series, Genesis) just for the sake of doing it. Who knows, one of them might surprise you. I'm not saying you'll find the Genesis to be super-fantastic, but you may gain a new level of respect for the machine.

Actually Satty, that really is the plan. I won't be buying anything for some time, so I might as well drive a bunch of things. The main motivation for that is non-GM dealerships are new turf for me, so I'd like to familiarize myself with what they have to offer. I usually research and check out a possible purchase for more than a year before I'm ready to pull the trigger - and this time it may take quite a bit more time than that.

There is always the slim chance that GM will actually build something I want rather than taunting me with it only to yank it away at the last minute, but I'm not holding my breath.

I intend to deprive them of at least this one sale for what they have done. They will have to perform some sort of miracle to change that.

Camino wont either, that whole dedication to not buying a new GM thing, but he could have a fun time throwing one around a bit. Especially if the dealership know you and lets you take a solo drive.

I miss that about the local Dodge dealership. They would let me take some cars out for a solo drive. :(

Camino, I know you said no truck as you already have the Silverado 2500 HD, but last weekend I saw this sitting on a local Chevy dealer's lot (leftover 2008 model):

DSCN8877.jpg

DSCN8878.jpg

DSCN8879.jpg

Seeing as how you're not in any rush to purchase, and GM's empty purse not allowing for drastic changes to be made anytime soon, I'm sure this look will be around for another 2-3 years. Of course you don't have to get a 4WD model, a 2WD would look just as good. And though the sportside bed isn't offered anymore, the body stampings Chevy uses on the Silverado give the bed the look of a sportside model. Plus you could always make a "SS" model out of this truck too :AH-HA_wink:

One of the things that helps an economy is actually to purchase something new. Buying used doesn't help a company.

It's like someone saying, "I'm GM's biggest fan! But I'll never buy new, so I'll never actually show support for them"

Just sayin'

Yeah... spend, spend $PEND!!!!

Who F*&$^ing cares if you have a foreclosure & bankruptcy

looming over your head...? trade your 2007 Chevy on a 2010

Cadillac! Throw that iPod in the trash, get a n iPod NANO!

----

When you've got 2 jobs, your wife has a full time job & you

also have two kids and you're paying $900 in JUST rent, not

to mention mASS car insurance on three cars, will YOU still

have $$$ left over for a new car payment.

I've lost 4-10 hours a week at UPS & 6-12 hours a week at

my day job because of this recession... not in a mood to be

preached to. :wink:

P.S. Buying tons of car parts at NAPA/Autozone/CAP/

Advanced/VIP ALSO stimulates the economy.

I spend within my means. Sorry that irritates you. :blink:

(Long Rant that missed the point being made)

I never called you out on buying within your means. However if Camino has the means and can buy new (which I'm assuming he will when he's ready to buy) then yeah, buying new stimulates the economy a lot more than buying used.

Camino, test drive the new pickups from Ford, Dodge and GM. Even if you're not in the market, half of this is just for the hell of it test driving anyway, and we'd love to hear your impressions.

Do what I did with a MINI I test drove, drive crazy-fast through a parking lot in reverse. Its freaking fun.

And why the hell would anyone buy an iPod Nano? The Touch is where its at, possibly the greatest piece of equipment man has ever made.

68, you of all people shouldn't be telling people to sit on their money and not spend. You have any idea how many hours you're going to lose at UPS if people quit buying Beanie Babies and used underwear on eBay?

Edited by Satty

Jill got a Touch from her parents for Christmas and its the most pimp thing ever. I've got a Classic, and I think I might still have one of my old Nanos around here somewhere. She's got Oregon Trail, which makes me uber-jealous.

Oregon Trail is WIN!

I haven't really put much thought into an mp3 player. I had a cheapy model Sansa which was crap, although the higher end ones are supposed to be nice. ipods are pretty slick but I hear they're also overpriced for what you get...but I haven't played around with them so I can't say.

When I got my first iPod (2004) it was because they were far superior, memory-wise, to the other mp3 players available at the time. Plus, I was already using iTunes to organize my music. After that first one, I was hooked, they're easy to get the hang of and rarely have problems. I'm sure the Zune and other players are at the very least on par with the iPod, but Apple got me hooked when nobody else was really trying.

Hmmm.

Well...

Couple of things:

- The "no trucks" rule is because I already spend a serious percentage of my life in the Silverado. And that truck will be around until at least 2015.

- I do have a soft spot for the HHR Panel - but even if I lifted the "no-GM" ban, it would still be wrong-wheel-drive. That's not something I'm prepared to accept - especially in a car I'd buy simply because I want one. The truck is what I have to own - anything else has to be something I want.

That said, test drives are fun so I would flog just about anything around the block once.

- As for new cars, they have a separate(but equally powerful) appeal for me than do old cars. It's just a matter of what floats my boat at the time. For example, I would never buy a sedan, or minvan, or any such plebian vehicle new. The GTO and the Firehawk, and the El Camino SS, are the only sort of non-work truck purchases I am ever likely to make in new form. The notion of financing some little econoturd requires a state of mind that I will never be in. As of right now, only the Camaro, Challenger, and Mustang even come to the table with the right stuff for serious consideration - and none of them have made a compelling enough case yet to make me want to pay the new car premium vs. getting a good deal on a year-old example. The car and the timing have to be just right for me to make that leap.

Such was the case with the Firehawk, GTO, and Camino.

Before my hopes were dashed, there was simply no doubt in my mind that the ST was going to be my next new purchase. Simply put, nothing has yet taken its place in my heart.

And my heart is what I buy new cars with.

Well Camino, as are as year old examples go...

Some used cars going for more than new ones

And as far as piece of mind goes, the Challenger's Lifetime warranty is a big plus, but it's non transferable so you'd have to buy it new. Of course if you don't plan to keep the car forever (like I would) the warranty might not be such a big plus....for me it would be...cuz you know...I plan to keep my cars as long as possible. :P

Of course the car itself has to appeal to you more than some warranty to make it worth the money too...and some serious one on one time is the best way to find that out. :wink:

I say you go test drive that Kammback X6 thing just to see WTF

those Germans were smoking when they crossed the X5 with a

Honda CRX... it's both fascinates & offends me at the same time.

Like most BMWs it will prob. grow on me. :globe:

I say you go test drive that Kammback X6 thing just to see WTF

those Germans were smoking when they crossed the X5 with a

Honda CRX... it's both fascinates & offends me at the same time.

Like most BMWs it will prob. grow on me. :globe:

I think some time in a BMW showroom will be called for.