Insideline drives the Cruze

It appears to be a solid car. The styling isn't as horrendous as I thought it would be, and it will probably look ever better in person. The fact that it is a little larger than its competition is a good thing. It's a bit heavy for the engine though I would think. The 2.0/2.2 Ecotec would have been good to use on this vehicle, but being a global car I understand the engine choices and they make good business sense.

It appears to be a solid car. The styling isn't as horrendous as I thought it would be, and it will probably look ever better in person. The fact that it is a little larger than its competition is a good thing. It's a bit heavy for the engine though I would think. The 2.0/2.2 Ecotec would have been good to use on this vehicle, but being a global car I understand the engine choices and they make good business sense.

Hopefully we can get a sport or SS model. Besides it is lighter than the Cobalt.

The Cruze weighs 2,844 pounds with the manual transmission and 2,899 pounds with the auto, so both are lighter than the current 2,991-pound Cobalt.

This made me smile. Good job GM for increasing the structural rigidity, while decreasing the weight and keeping the price down. Something which is unheard of from GM. :thumbsup:

I would hope the 1.8 gets more like 150hp..?

"midsize family car"...ummm... almost? :P

it is a good review though... hopefully GM can get it's $h! together, however it needs to be done, so they can still produce this car when it's supposed to be.

a turbo 1.8 ~200 hp would work too, if the 2L wouldn't "work"

this may the convergence of 'family car' and 'small car'. big enough to work for family duty and small enough to be a true economy car.

I like this car. Of course i want more pop under the hood. It'd be nice to see chevy offer a 180hp intermediate version and the 260hp ecotec in a perf version.

This car reminds me of when the corsica and beretta were out. everyone had one or knew someone who did. hopefully that is the case here.

How will this car look with a pontiac grille? :)