My Clunker

Oldsmoboi, You give a new meaning to the word, "clunker" May all your future rides be as "clunker" as this one!

I have always liked those rims... simple, elegnat.

Can you tell me what the car is like to drive, I have never had the chance to drive one.. but with the job I have now it is becomming reality to get one!

[post="3156"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It's a blast. It will get you into trouble very quickly even without the V8. I've had it to 120mph and it feels completely stable. The tires that come stock with it are crap. I burnt them off in less then a year. 300 treadware I think.

Budget snow tires for yourself if you're in a northern climate. The stabilatrack and snow mode will do everything in their power to keep you on the road, but in the end it comes down to good old fashioned grip. I recommend the Dunlop Winter Sports. I had great performance with them last winter.

unfortunately, I don't get too many opertunities to throw the car around as I live and work in the city. Sometimes I drive down into West Virginia just to let the car loose.

My only real gripe with the car is that it doesn't like to be driven conservatively. If you're driving like your grandpa, the transmission shifts too early and lugs the engine. If your drive it like you stole it, the car plays along.

sorry if I've rambled a bit, 4 glasses of wine will do that to a lightweight like me.

Olds: I just love your CTS, however why te animosity against the 3800? I love the old 3.8 and wish it stuck around for another 30 years. I will say that the 3800 Luscerne is WAY overpriced!

Olds:

I just love your CTS, however why te animosity against the 3800? I love the old 3.8 and wish it stuck around for another 30 years. I will say that the 3800 Luscerne is WAY overpriced!

[post="3411"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I have no animosity towards the 3800. I actually think it's a great engine.

On that note, the base, naturally-aspirated, downrated 3800 should NOT have been the base engine for the brand new, most premium, Buick available. I mean really, couldn't they have at least stuck the new 3.9 in there?

The 3.6vvt should have been base, 3.9 if that doesn't work.

Leave the 3800 for the Impalas <I might at that the new impala gets the 3.9> and maybe mini-vans.

Okay... well I'll agree wiht you there. Just checking! ;)

What a piece... :blink:

Looks great, dude!

Earlier today I heard a CTS-V open up. It was so nice.

[post="5569"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, I was going to say I'd like a clunker like that of my own. I'll take the pushrod V8 variety. ;)

I saw a CTS-V the other day in burgundy metallic. Made my heart race like a lesbian sex sceene.