Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Intrepidation

2009 Barcelona Auto Show: Opel Insignia OPC

8 posts in this topic

opelinsigniaopc6.500.jpg

RÜSSELSHEIM, Germany — The Opel Insignia OPC will debut in early May at the 2009 Barcelona Auto Show, with the first deliveries to European customers to begin this fall.

Developed by the Opel Performance Center, the Insignia OPC's turbocharged 2.8-liter V6 develops 321 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque. Delivering power to all four wheels via a six-speed manual gearbox, the engine enables the Insignia OPC to sprint from zero to 60 mph in 5.8 seconds.

Ride height has been reduced by 0.4 inch, and the engineers have fitted high-performance front struts and improved the steering. The adaptive suspension is preprogrammed in three modes: standard, Sport and OPC. Also featured are Brembo brake calipers and an electronic rear limited-slip differential. Buyers can choose 19- or 20-inch wheels and tires.

An aero body kit draws design inspiration from the earlier Insignia GTC concept, with unique front and rear styling. The cockpit has such sporting touches as Recaro seats, a flat-bottomed steering wheel and unique shift knob.

In the U.K., Vauxhall will sell a companion model called the Vauxhall Insignia VXR, with deliveries to begin this summer. The Insignia VXR will be offered in sedan, hatchback and wagon styles.

Insideline

opelinsigniaopc8.500.jpg

opelinsigniaopc7.500.jpg

opelinsigniaopc5.500.jpg

opelinsigniaopc1.500.jpg

opelinsigniaopc2.500.jpg

opelinsigniaopc3.500.jpg

This thing looks GREAT.

This would be a sweet deal if it made it to NA, although I'm not sure it'd be a fit for Buick. (A really f*cking fast Buick never hurt, though.)

OMG, it'z t3h front-end fangz EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, it looks what an OPC Opel should look like. For the this-is-a-bit-too-much-boy-racer-looking crowd the NG 9-5 Aero should do the trick, if the SAAB brand survives under new ownership.

Edited by ZL-1

WOW, This is the first Opel I really like. Very nice lines.

Think it would look killer in black. Really like the new Insignia. Will have to try to get my hands on one when I'm in Germany this summer.

Think it would look killer in black. Really like the new Insignia. Will have to try to get my hands on one when I'm in Germany this summer.
:nono:

Who's H.C. anyway?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0