Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wildcat

article: "GM's Doomed Future"

9 posts in this topic

That's the first thing I've ever read by that old coot that made a lick of sense.

I think thigs will actually go even worse than he thinks.

That's the first thing I've ever read by that old coot that made a lick of sense.

I think thigs will actually go even worse than he thinks.

Do you think we will have a GM left? Actually I agree with some of what he says, that is scary.

I think that the government really doesn't want to save GM and Chrysler, they just want to crutch them along until the economy is strong enough to absorb their failure. A slow death fits their plans perfectly.

I agree with Jerry on this.

I get a sense that of all of the writers out there commenting on the Auto industry he seems to have the best mix of being a realist along with still having a pro-Detroit stance. I like reading his columns.

GM isn't going to go away - but they're going to be a total and complete shadow of what they even are right now I'm afraid. It seems that the only way to profitability now is to shrink themselves down into a 12-15% market share company. It's a mindset that I'm sure many of the employees and especially a lot of the "old timers" in management and in labor are going to have a real tough time grappling with.

They have no one to blame but themselves though for so many different reasons that everyone on this board already knows and discusses frequently.

The death started long before the government started bailing GM out.

http://photos.leftlanenews.com/photos/cont...ownership-1.jpg

This is what GM ownership will look like if the debt for equity swap proposed today goes through... I don't really like this so yeah, perhaps BK is a better way out.

Edited by vonVeezelsnider

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0