Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

100 MPG Hummer, can it save Hummer?

100 MPG Hummer Hybrid from Raser Tech

:mind-blowing:

Raser Technologies UNVEILS 100+ MPG PLUG-IN HYBRID Hummer at THE SAE World Congress IN DETROIT

Technology in New Electric Hummer Could Drive Bold Leap Ahead for U.S. Automakers, Making Popular Trucks & SUVs ‘Greener Than a Prius’

Raser Technologies, Inc. unveiled a 100+ mpg Hummer H3 powered by Raser’s plug-in hybrid E-REV (Extended-Range Electric Vehicle) at the 2009 SAE International World Congress, Cobo Center, Detroit, MI.

Raser developed the 100+ mpg Electric H3 demonstration vehicle working closely with Hummer. Just one year ago at the 2008 SAE World Congress, Raser and its development partner FEV Inc., Auburn Hills, MI, a leading automotive integrator, introduced Raser’s E-REV power train, similar in function to the Chevy Volt but designed for use in a variety of larger full-sized SUVs and light trucks. The vehicle was developed in association with the Plug-in Hybrid Development Consortium, co-founded by Raser along with leading electric utilities, lithium ion battery companies and other automotive technology companies.

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS, Would you buy this?

I like it and would buy one. I wonder if Raser will become the new owners of Hummer or if Obama's auto task force will change their mind and say keep it and build only Hybrids and diesels or what? Some interesting info. I love the video on the web page of the Hummer actually working in the real world. Pretty cool.

Wall Street Showing of 100 MPG Hummer and Interview with company Raser Tech

:deathwatch:

Edited by dfelt

Prius owners should be $h!ting themselves.

Nah they'll just go on thinking their Toyota is the greatest thing out there.

Gee... I only said this TWO YEARS AGO!

This is the way Hummer should've been going all along.

Like I said: Americans DO NOT want smaller cars, they want MORE EFFICIENT cars. Therefore, as I said, the company that unlocks the formula for that will OWN the market in the future.

If it will still tow, go off road (-ish) and still be a big enough platform to seat my family of four and our belongings for a trip - then YES. Interested. If not, then I am not.

This Hummer keeps the same towing and off road capabilities. Raser says this has everything that makes a Hummer a Hummer plus the Hybrid to save you a fortune in gas cost. :)

I wonder if this is for real and not just some fly-by-night company running a smoke and mirrors scam. I'm skeptical.

Yes, this is Real. Raser has a large amount of Coal burning, energy production plants, Geo Thermal plants and Natural Gas plants. They have the backing to make this happen.

Put it in the Chevy SUVs, go ahead & sell Hummer.

I disagree, I like the Hummer vehicles and would love it even more to have one like this that can kick the greenies back to the curb. I would have no problem if GM got apprval to do this to Chevy & GMC mid size SUV/CUV vehicles.

Any way you look at it, this is a good thing and major change that will only help this country I think.

I disagree, I like the Hummer vehicles and would love it even more to have one like this that can kick the greenies back to the curb.

I fail to see a good business case here... fact is, even if they can make a good hybrid Hummer, they aren't selling, the brand has been drug through the mud, and if GM is going to keep a brand it's currently considering ditching, there are plenty of better candidates for that than Hummer. I also like Hummers just fine, but I look at things like this from a business standpoint, not "I like it, so they'd be stupid to get rid of it."

I fail to see a good business case here... fact is, even if they can make a good hybrid Hummer, they aren't selling, the brand has been drug through the mud, and if GM is going to keep a brand it's currently considering ditching, there are plenty of better candidates for that than Hummer. I also like Hummers just fine, but I look at things like this from a business standpoint, not "I like it, so they'd be stupid to get rid of it."

I see your point, For me, I do not see GM having Hummer or this Awesome Hybrid. I see Raser buying the line and turning it around as a quality Hybrid Line of vehicles.

Interesting is on their web site today they have posted a flyer showing how this whole drive line could go into a GMC or Chevy pickup truck or SUV. Clearly they have their eye on supplying an auto maker with their version of a hybrid system. Nice to see this show up next year in som GM products. Allows us to Kick Toyota Ass! :metal:

... I can't help thinking of the PR/public opinion cyclone of turning the poster child for excessive (fuel) consumption into the #1 economical vehicle you can buy. :)

If it's real, it's the kind of thing that would make the heads of some greenies explode, I think. :)

I would agree with those that still say 'sell Hummer'... but I can't help thinking of the PR/public opinion cyclone of turning the poster child for excessive (fuel) consumption into the #1 economical vehicle you can buy. :)

The basic assumption here is GM has a strong marketing and PR team. Oh wait a minute!

I'd love to have a 50mpg hybrid G8 that could do 0-60 in 5 sec. :)

Since they can make the heavy Hummer get 100 MPG as a hybrid, you would think the G8 could get 150MPG in Hybrid mode. I agree with you it would shave off some serious 0 -60 time. :P