Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ToniCipriani

Proof that Hondas are crapboxes

38 posts in this topic

Take that, Honda! I guess we can see where Jay's loyalties lie. Between this and his toybox/garage, I think we can safely say he's a GM guy. :)

I Feel much safer now :) Also one less honda on the road :P Jay has always been a Domestic Fan

I Feel much safer now :)

Also one less honda on the road :P

Jay has always been a Domestic Fan

[post="47936"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

HELL YEAH!
I want a Caprice now :AH-HA_wink:

That's actually not bad on the Accord's part. The side, right in the doors, is possibly the worst place to hit a car. That's excellent on the Caprice's part however.

take that, vehicle which accepts more damage strategically in order to protect its passengers rather than remaining rigid and potentially ejecting them, causing them significantly higher potential damages! STUPID ENGINEERING, HONDA CAN GO TO HELL

take that, vehicle which accepts more damage strategically in order to protect its passengers rather than remaining rigid and potentially ejecting them, causing them significantly higher potential damages!

STUPID ENGINEERING, HONDA CAN GO TO HELL

[post="47975"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah! :P

So... Where's this "proof", again?

take that, vehicle which accepts more damage strategically in order to protect its passengers rather than remaining rigid and potentially ejecting them, causing them significantly higher potential damages!

STUPID ENGINEERING, HONDA CAN GO TO HELL

[post="47975"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

:lol:

I was gonna point that out, but not quite as sarcastically.

I can't see the video from here (not a software or network issue, don't worry). I was wondering if someone could describe the damage to the Caprice vs the damage done to the Accord.

The Caprice was driven into the side of the Accord, so you can imagine what happened. The doors of the Accord were pushed a little ways into the passenger area, and the roof crumpled a bit from this. The Caprice had front end damage, but was not examined closely in the video. I couldnt hear the sound to actually know what Jay said, can somebody tell me?

Posted Image

Jay doesn't really say anything that interesting. "Kids don't try this at home. Man, this is like Terry Bradshaw on a Saturday night. Let's see what kind of damage we did. I would say the Honda is pretty much totaled. Now you're ok but these people, they'd be dead if you were in the passenger seat."

Pointless... sort of But it srill put a smile on my face! I think we all know if the roles were reversed the Honda would NOT do tha kind of damage to thE Caprice!

that the accord couldn't do as much damage to the caprice as the other way around does not make the caprice a safer car. if it protects the occupants, who cares about the damage that gets done! it's not as though life is a destruction derby (although most houston drivers would beg to differ)

well, I'd rather get banged up in a car taht's intact than have the b-pillar cave in and smash my head so hard that my brains end up on the headliner. Here we go again wiht the "soft vs. hard" car design.

Nothing wrong with 'em being soft in front and back, but they gotta be hard on the sides. That Honda was almost cut in half by the Caprice. Look at that roof for an idea of how deep the doors were pushed in. Pretty damn far, almost halfway over. Duh, I'd rather be in the B-body. By the way, the Caprice started off with no front bumper cover or headlights.

Ocn: don't forget the driver's door was not there... that's also a structrual part of the car as well... a front end collision transfers energly through the doors as well as the B-pillars.

Damn... that photo makes me want to get a Aquamarine Metalic Daewoo. :blink:

Oh damn... You guys want to see which is sager betweebn an Accord and GA? :P Damn, I bet a GA will look 50% woirse. D:

I've owned and driven several Grand Ams from the past 20 years... every one of them was sa more soild and substantial car than a Honda anything.

Haha... yeah. :P... Siure, I belive ya. I love my GA but I'm not retarded. Its not safe nor solid. Better than a blazer, but thats not saying much.

I'm telling you BV, you CAN NOT base your opinion of a car on ONE car/truck you've driven that has like 130,000 miles. I've driven Mercedes Benz that feel like they're a piece of crap, this doesn not mean every one is... the 240,000 miles might have smoething to do with it. (exageration for effect)

I'm not basing it off of that, but off of other crap. ya know. I know my GA ian'r AS godd as it caqn be, but again, im not retarded. I've seent eh crashe test, Ilve seent he stats and data. I;ve driven each. (well the accord for a very very shor t drive but still ) A gradn am may feel more secure but its due to its wider tires. Structureally a GA is what my parenst like to call my favorite car. Deth trap. I love it abnd dont really care about this crap bvut its not that sage. Really. If a car was to slam into my door yod probably never hear from me again. Dont be overly fanatical. I mean, I can be somethimes but it whatever the hell I;m thinking..

Well, I guess somebody'll be sleeping it off this morning. :rolleyes:

Pontiac = more substantial, thicker sheetmetal & more mass.... therefore in a t-bone: better than equivelant Accord. I've driven a few '96/'98 Accords (forget the year of your car) and I'll tell you they're pretty light weight. Mass is the biggest enemy of performance but it's your best friend in a collision. Ask an engineer and they'll tell you Mass is the constant in any crash test. Edited by Sixty8panther

In BV's case, a Grand Am is about 1,000,000x better than a Blazer since I'm sure he's referencing the inherently poorly-balanced mid-90s Blazers. My girlfriend's '88 "S-10 Sport" two-door Blazer feels a whole lot more stable than the '95 4-door my father had for a work truck. There's something wrong with that picture.

In BV's case, a Grand Am is about 1,000,000x better than a Blazer since I'm sure he's referencing the inherently poorly-balanced mid-90s Blazers.

My girlfriend's '88 "S-10 Sport" two-door Blazer feels a whole lot more stable than the '95 4-door my father had for a work truck. There's something wrong with that picture.

[post="48868"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

there is, considering that the '88 and the '95 are basically identical, structurally.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0