Satellite radio

sciguy_0504

I just ordered Sirius today. I was asking for satellite radio it for Christmas but Circuit City has a sale on a certain receiver ($100 off) and Sirius is giving another $50 off so that means a $150 receiver is free. I'm not going to hardwire it to my car because I don't feel like dealing with the problems of doing it myself or paying to have it done professionally, plus I'm asking for the home kit for Christmas now. I'll just do it through FM transmission. I chose Sirius over XM mainly because of the deal on the receiver but I've signed up for free trials for both (on their websites) and Sirius has played a lot more music I like. So what are your opinions on satellite radio? Who has it, what do you think, what company do you have?

I got XM with the Cobalt. I love it..I can't tell you how many new bands I've discovered via XM. That alone is worth the price, never mind the variety and the lack of commercials. I let me free trial run out in Oct. because I shelled out a ton of money for Christmas presents this year and needed to recover. Last week, however, I got a coupon for 50% off of one year, and the activation fee waived. I'll be reupping on Dec. 1.

Well, with K-Rock changing to an all-talk format come January *shudder*, I may be forced to either have an MP3 CD on me at all times or check out satellite radio. I'm goin car shopping tomorrow. If I pick up a vehicle, it may have XM radio in it. But MP3 functionality is far more important to me, to be honest.

Well, with K-Rock changing to an all-talk format come January *shudder*

Well, I guess that'll free up one of my presets <_<

I had wanted the MP3 CD capability in the Cobalt, but they had such a hard time finding one with the options I wanted that I had to give that up.

I have XM and it's a love/hate relationship... Love finding good stuff from whatever era I'm in the the mood for... Hate paying for radio- Hate it cutting out on some Expressways - I-696, which I blast on everyday, is below ground level. Love the comedy stuff, but they have recently been having some commercials on comedy channels! I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay to listen to ads. those bastards!

I'm too much of a cheap prick to pay for Radio.... esp. when I have a few hundred dollars invested in a CD collection that I barely use in the car... Between 92.5, 100.7, 101.7 & 104.1 I've got enough variety in FM.

I've got Sirius Radio and I've had it since November of 03. I have a lifetime subscription (that I got for free at the dealership) and I don't think I'd ever listen to FM/AM again. There is everything that I need on Sirius. My friend also has Sirius w/ the FM Modulator and he said he's never had any issues with sound quality through that. I would recommend that you go the route you are going.