paint

mute

alright guys i know your gonna shoot me for making a stewped topic, but here goes i was just thinking to myself, those jettas kinda suck . . . hmmm but nice paint i actually really like the paint on jettas, anyone else notice anything like that on any cars like if caddy has nice rims, honda has nice . . .well i cant think of anything for honda except lawnmowers, but challenge me? and pics would be appreciated, soory for not having one, but its not that same unless you see paint in the sun or just in real life, not nessicary to have an image though

Candy apple blue, burgundy and greens look amazing! However my favorite color is yellow. In general and on a car. I've always wanted a Citrus yellow metalic car. Ever since I was a kid. One itme I walked into the annual World of Wheels and they had a yellow metallic '68 Camaro pro street show car. I almost pissed myself. It had like $100,000 dollars invested in it. Everythign was either yallow metallic or chrome. Everything. The interior, engine bay, rollcage.... everything!

What? This thread is confusing... The title clearly says paint. I figured it was favorite color, but it's actually about certain vehicles. And it can be anything.. including but not limited to paint. Okay... :blink: :P Well, alot about Pontiacs wow me... The aggressive boy-racer looks, the honeycomb twin-port grill, the sleek curvacious sheet-metal, the large round foglights, The quad/dual-tipped exhaust, the all black interiors, the red back-lighting, the round HVACs, and the awesome wheels... Ahh... (Too bad Lutz has eliminated some of that... the bastard. <_< ) That's probably not what you had in mind, but too bad, bitch! I did it anyways. :lol: :D ;)

This is a stew-ped thread, :) Just what in the heck are you talking about ? :blink: I knew of a Lincoln MarkVIII that had that soft green Ford was using on everything from Probes Taurus and even mini vans. Anyhow it was that green but the flake was gold, it was awsome to look at in the sun. I like that color anyhow on G 1 & 2 Rivieras AND G1A Toronados, but this Ford color was just awsome. I also like the soft Blue metalic GM used back in the late 50's early 60's. 6T8 names a few other great colors, the Candys and yellow, yes yellow, Yellow Vettes, Yellow GSX's, hows abouts the Tiger Shark Yellow :o Petra - I think that Fender is metal flake, was very popular decades ago. Drum sets, fiberglass Carlson speed boats, Guitars and custom paint jobs on cars. I still like metal flake but no one uses it any more, that I see. The color I painted my Alpine years ago was just awsome. It was a GM code and I forget what it was called. I say it was like a Bronze but it was really firey redish, orangish metalic that was stunning in the sun and it worked well on the old Sunbean. Similar to the one color used on the Z350's but more toward redish and fireier. [Fireier :blink: is that a word :lol: ] Good thread if I just knew what you were talking about :P

actually the fender is a pearlecent paint job basically a metal flake, since they dont use pearl anymore, but with massive metal flakes compared to most, a lot of cars have metal flake, its just very fine and i know what you mean by the orange, i love that color as far as other cars go i think that caddys have the most universally hot rims lpook really good on anything

I never did talk about paint... So...

I love the Blue that's offered on G6s. I also love the bright metallic blue that was on 99-00 Grand Ams. The blue called "Deep" on the Solstice is hot. The blue on the GTO is even hotter. Spruce Green Metallic that was offered on I think 99-01 Grand Ams is awesome. It has the same name as the color of my GA, but their different colors.

Now some random colors... I love Black Metallic. I'm not sure if it's currently offered on any cars, though. I also love White Metallic... but once again, don't know of any offerings of it. Also, Dark Red Metallics can make any car look good...

A Chevrolet Pushrod V8 is an instant improvement over the most lackluster cars. Drop a 350 crate wiht a SuperT10 tranny into the crapiest, ugliest shitbox and it's instantly an affordable sleeper wiht incredible performance. :)

This isn't a car, but I think it's one of the coolest paint schemes I've ever seen. Doesn't hurt that I like the guitar, too:

Posted Image

Posted Image

[post="3940"][/post]

Where'd you find that? A lefty neck on a custom-cut right-handed body? That's freakin' insane!

Oh, and I love just about any shade of blue. Silvery blues I'm not so crazy about, but just about anything else is great. A metallic blood red is also gorgeous, and of course black. I've never been fond of white, silver, tan, basically any neutral color (though tan is good if you're too lazy to wash your car) and yellow as well. But I just don't like yellow on much of anything.

BUT I've always thought the mark of a truly beautiful design is if it can carry orange. Most cars can't, and look hideous with it, but the few that can pull it off, man, they're beautiful. This goes for any orange, from the metallic orange GM's been using to the tangerine on Lambos.

Where'd you find that?  A lefty neck on a custom-cut right-handed body?  That's freakin' insane!

Oh, and I love just about any shade of blue.  Silvery blues I'm not so crazy about, but just about anything else is great.  A metallic blood red is also gorgeous, and of course black.  I've never been fond of white, silver, tan, basically any neutral color (though tan is good if you're too lazy to wash your car) and yellow as well.  But I just don't like yellow on much of anything.

BUT I've always thought the mark of a truly beautiful design is if it can carry orange.  Most cars can't, and look hideous with it, but the few that can pull it off, man, they're beautiful.  This goes for any orange, from the metallic orange GM's been using to the tangerine on Lambos.

[post="4122"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

i only like the orange on the cobalt

Where'd you find that?  A lefty neck on a custom-cut right-handed body?  That's freakin' insane!

[post="4122"][/post]

That guitar was called the Squier Super-Sonic. They were only made for a couple years in the late '90's, and they're pretty rare. I'd love to have one. There's more info here:

http://squiersupersonic.co.uk/history.htm

BUT I've always thought the mark of a truly beautiful design is if it can carry orange.  Most cars can't, and look hideous with it, but the few that can pull it off, man, they're beautiful.  This goes for any orange, from the metallic orange GM's been using to the tangerine on Lambos.

[post="4122"][/post]

I agree. It takes a special kind of car to look good in orange, and a gutsy automaker to attempt it. I love that copper colour that Nissan uses... Really sharp!

Posted Image

yea, that copper looks good, I also like the new orange on the Z06...it reminds me of the orange used on the CTS for like the first year...I wish they still had it..I saw one the other day in that orange and it looked nice...