CHERY bmw knockoff?

Yup, definately an uglier & less resolved version of the Bangle styling theme. I actaulyl like the new 5-series a lot but I think this looks like a very lame imitation of it. F+

the Americans and Europeans have worked hard for 100 years to advance automtoive toechnology to the point its at. and chinese and asian companies like Chery simply are able to copy it at the state its at and do business. that's criminal. they haven't invested in all the R&D and technology that got us to where we are now. companies like that had better contribute in the future to the global knowledge base.

I thought they said the interior design of Chery cars was not up to snuff for the US. This doesn't look too bad. Any word on if it is coming to the U.S.?

[post="50783"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, I know... most of the interior materials look surprisingly good.

God, I hate those tailights so much. They don't have style, they just look kinda misaligned. Like someone forgot to convert the length from english units to metric, and just said "oh well, lets leave it that way!" They would, however, look much better if they got rid of the white back up lights on the outside lights, imo. Edit: and why does the car not have an exhaust! :blink: Edited by nyscene911

The pictures were loading for me slowly the first time I looked so I missed the interior shots. It looks alright, I guess, but that steering wheel looks like it came from the bumper car ride at the local carnival. I really can't wait to see these things broken down, smoking, on fire on the sides of China's roads. It'll be like the Excel all over again but 100x worse because of high sales.

and why does the car not have an exhaust! :blink:

[post="50904"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It does, the exhaust is probably just hidden behind the rear bumper...Until I get new exhaust and M-technik bumper for my car, my 540 is the same way.

That would be the cover for the tow hook...you pop it open and screw in the tow hook. Mine is the same (except mine is square) and they are on the front and back...I had to use them recently when my clutch fried :( But it's all better now ^_^ Edited by Nick

I don't think it looks too bad at all.......but other than maybe the headlights and taillights, I see NO BMW in the design. The interior center stack looks REALLY plain to me.....not offensive, but kinda bland. As far as the materials, don't be fooled by good pics. I thought the Chinese models looked good inside until I saw them and touched them in person at the Frankfurt auto show. They have horrendous fit-and-finish and material quality. Plus, nothing seems to match color-wise or texture-wise. This one could be different, but I looked at a few of this brand of Chinese vehicle (I won't even TRY to spell it correctly....) and they were pretty bad. They LOOK good though. Like I've said before, if they fix the fit-and-finish and material quality, they will definitely be a force to be reckoned with.....