Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Ford November Sales

Ford Media

DEARBORN, Mich., December 1 - U.S. consumers purchased 201,711 new vehicles from Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Jaguar, Land Rover and Volvo dealers in November, down 15 percent compared with a year ago. Car sales were down 7 percent and truck sales were down 18 percent.

November sales were 1 percent higher than October as sales to individual retail customers were up 5 percent. The month-to-month improvement reflects higher sales of the company's all-new mid-size sedans (Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan, and Lincoln Zephyr) as well as higher sales for Ford's F-Series truck.

"Recent economic data and higher November auto sales are encouraging," said Steve Lyons, Ford group vice president, North America Marketing, Sales and Service. "It suggests we're moving beyond the payback period following last summer's record sales. We expect December sales will show further improvement."

In November, combined sales for Ford Fusion (5,337), Mercury Milan (1,874), and Lincoln Zephyr (1,652) were 34 percent higher than October.

Ford's F-Series truck posted November sales of 62,878, down 5 percent compared with a year ago, but up 16 percent versus October.

Sales of traditional sport utility vehicles, like Ford's Explorer, continued to experience sharply lower demand than a year ago, but sales were stable compared with October.

Land Rover dealers reported record November sales (up 18 percent) on the strength of its two new models – the LR3 and Range Rover Sport.

----------------

Car sales are up 9.8% for the year for the Ford brand, but the SUVs are still tumbling. The Fusion is going strong for only its second month available. The Zephyr is selling just short of the Milan. Edited by CSpec

The Malibu by itself and the G6 by itself sold more than double what the Fusion did, I doubt the difference in sales is all fleet. The Fusion is, from everything I've seen, the better car when compared to the 'Bu/G6, Ford just needs to build more.

Yep, which is why they're not selling at full steam yet. Just look at the Five Hundred/Montego...sales were slow for the first few months and now it's been selling at a steady 7000-8000 units, with some months even up to 9000 units. The Five Hundred is just a hair short of its 100,000 sales goal a month early. Some flop.

Yep, which is why they're not selling at full steam yet.

Just look at the Five Hundred/Montego...sales were slow for the first few months and now it's been selling at a steady 7000-8000 units, with some months even up to 9000 units. The Five Hundred is just a hair short of its 100,000 sales goal a month early.  Some flop.

[post="51332"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Maybe evok needs to read your comment.

Just look at the Five Hundred/Montego...sales were slow for the first few months and now it's been selling at a steady 7000-8000 units, with some months even up to 9000 units. The Five Hundred is just a hair short of its 100,000 sales goal a month early.  Some flop.

[post="51332"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I guess it's not a flop based on Ford's estimates for production, but 100k isn't too impressive when the Impala is doing close to 300k, even if 70k of the Impala's sales are to fleets.

I guess it's not a flop based on Ford's estimates for production, but 100k isn't too impressive when the Impala is doing close to 300k, even if 70k of the Impala's sales are to fleets.

[post="51376"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

i think they only planned to sell 100k 500's a year. the fusion is the volume leader. the 500 is a large niche product. one the duratec 35 arrives along with the facelift, then i think they will plan an increase in production. i could see them shooting for 150k once those marketing obstacles are removed.

I am LOVING my 500. I've got some minor bitches about it but man, the room and space, handling and ride, comfort........its rare today for many sedans to have this many strong points. Edited by regfootball

Car sales are up 9.8% for the year for the Ford brand,

EXCELLENT!! Why haven't we seen this anywhere else?

Just look at the Five Hundred/Montego...sales were slow for the first few months and now it's been selling at a steady 7000-8000 units, with some months even up to 9000 units. The Five Hundred is just a hair short of its 100,000 sales goal a month early. Some flop.

Yep.... Wonder why we haven't heard anything (READ: Recants) about this?