Chris_Doane

While I love the next gen Escalade interior--I like the way Lincoln styles their interiors--it gives me a sense of American luxury... However, I won't make any judgements until I see some pics. I still also feel I need to see more of the Escalade interior to really appreciate it. I bet it's better than the few pics I've seen so far.

If the current Navigator actually had genuine materials (the "aluminum" is just paint) it would be awesome. As is, it's a good design that needs to get the cost-cutting taken out. I would be surprised if the next Navigator's interior is very much better than the Escalade's. There is some room for improvement, but the Escalade's interior appears to be pretty damn good.

If the current Navigator actually had genuine materials (the "aluminum" is just paint) it would be awesome. As is, it's a good design that needs to get the cost-cutting taken out.

I would be surprised if the next Navigator's interior is very much better than the Escalade's. There is some room for improvement, but the Escalade's interior appears to be pretty damn good.

[post="51381"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yes, the current Navigator's interior may have looked nice, but the materials were of Ford quality, which is to say subpar for the luxury class. Nothing impressed, and a lot of the switches used felt like they might break off. A used example I saw had all the silver paint from the switches rubbing off, and I won't even talk about the center "alluminum" stack.

I don't think the next Navigator's interior will have materials that will feel better than the Escalade's. Why? Ford hasn't learned thier materials cost-cutting lesson yet. They have always had decent materials, but several notches below the best.

These things are subjective but I personally dislike the styling direction of Lincoln interiors. They give me a 1970's feeling, basically I think of the TV show Dallas whenever I see them (NOT a good thing). The 70's and 80's are not periods the Detroit automakers want to revisit. I can't speak to the quality of the new escalade interior as I have not yet seen it in person.

Well the center stack still does have the brushed aluminum look...obviously I'm not able to comment on the quality on the material since I didnt break into the car  :rolleyes:  Center stack looked very nice from the outside however.

[post="51451"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You're not able to comment on the quality, but yet you commented on the quality of the wood in your first post?

Color me confused. Make up your mind.