Favorite tire?

LOVE BF Goodrich, ran them on My Miatas, my 66 Mustang, my 55 Chevrolet, and every other car (almost) that I've owned.

For some reason they work well.

For racing, Hoosier tires seem to work well. We ran them when I was crewing for an SCCA team and they were great...

Too bad Hoosier autocross tires for the Miata are $210 EACH!

Chris

LOVE BF Goodrich, ran them on My Miatas, my 66 Mustang, my 55 Chevrolet, and every other car (almost) that I've owned.

For some reason they work well.

For racing, Hoosier tires seem to work well. We ran them when I was crewing for an SCCA team and they were great...

Too bad Hoosier autocross tires for the Miata are $210 EACH!

Chris

Hooisers rock!

I'm considering running BFG Traction TAs on the other Cav....should handle a bit better....

I've had good luck with Pirelli & Michelin.

I usually buy generic Coopers... but as

of late most of my tires come from the

local Junkyard. $5 a pop for any wheel &

tire so long as it's not aluminum & larger

than 16"

You'd be surprised how many great deals

I've gotten that way. And of course I've

also scored some nasty, dry-rotted &

bald ones for burnout stupidity.

I've had good luck with Pirelli & Michelin.

I usually buy generic Coopers... but as

of late most of my tires come from the

local Junkyard. $5 a pop for any wheel &

tire so long as it's not aluminum & larger

than 16"

You'd be surprised how many great deals

I've gotten that way. And of course I've

also scored some nasty, dry-rotted &

bald ones for burnout stupidity.

Mastercraft and Dean, I assume? I would consider Mastercraft, but they price them so close to Cooper that it doesn't make it worth it.

My Mother in law gets here tires from the local yard..usually newer, and in great shape...

The P4s are a nice tire, just something I do not like about them..

Michelins. I had Michelins PS2 on the Z06 and now on second set of Destinies on the Lumina. Although my heart says Goodyear more than the Michelins, the French tires have not given me any complaints. The BMW has Bridgestones run flats on it. Kinda harsh ride.

I like Goodyears myself, and they use to be the standard tire on most GM vehicles. I remember the Michelins my wife's '03 Rendezvous CX FWD had and they were crap at 25k. I did buy Pirelli's for my '92 Cavalier Z24 when it needed new tires and the Goodyears were too expensive, but I wasn't happy with those at all. The '05 Envoy we had had Michelin's and they were very good tires; they lasted me the entire 44k I had the lease, though they could have been replaced around 42K. The Hankook tires my '07 AURA came with are just pure CRAP - they have 37K on them now, but always had poor traction from the get-go. The wife's '08 G6 has them too and with it approaching 18K soon - I'm noticing a little sliding action and loss of traction (when giving it gas from a full stop in the rain). I plan to get new tires, either Goodyear TripleTreds or something similar from Michelin. If I could do it now I'd trade her Hankooks for the new set and put her Hankooks on my AURA.

I like my goodyears on the caprice i think they are weather masters or somthing. I have toyos on the trucks nice and soft but they wear fast. I have michelins on the vibe- bleh its the vibe. I have kelly? chargers on the vette and they nice but horrible in rain.

I like my goodyears on the caprice i think they are weather masters or somthing. I have toyos on the trucks nice and soft but they wear fast. I have michelins on the vibe- bleh its the vibe. I have kelly? chargers on the vette and they nice but horrible in rain.

Yep. The weather masters are from Sears. Good tire for the price.

Kellys seem to be pretty good tires..I have Kelly Nav golds on the wife's Cav now. They actually handle quite well...

The T/As I've had have worn very well, but they've been noisy. They don't seem quite as sticky as the Bridgestone Potenza S-02s I've had. I need to get new tires for my IS300. Costco has pretty slim pickings for my car. I plan to get some T/As.

The T/As I've had have worn very well, but they've been noisy. They don't seem quite as sticky as the Bridgestone Potenza S-02s I've had. I need to get new tires for my IS300. Costco has pretty slim pickings for my car. I plan to get some T/As.

I'm thinking that the TAs should make the Cav handle like a sports car...(only 14s anyway)

The Hankook tires my '07 AURA came with are just pure CRAP - they have 37K on them now, but always had poor traction from the get-go.

Those tires had quite a few complaints of flat-spotting too. They went back to Firestones for '09.

Edited by fightingbee