Roller Coasters

I went to Six Flags New England last Friday. The most intense one I rode was the Batman Dark Knight coaster. I must have said "Oh, sh*t!" about 20 times throughout the whole thing. :P

Pics (not mine):

Posted Image

The whole thing...

Posted Image

Edited by VarianceJ30

My friends and I went to Six Flags Magic Mountain a couple weeks ago...we managed to hit every coaster...goliath, Viper, de ja vu, x, scream, cyclone, colossus, revolution, superman was closed down but that's nothing special, we went on roaring rapids, batman about 3 times, the riddlers revenge, at the end of the night we hit the log jammer about 7 times...imagine 5 people crammed into 1 log...it no longer floated...it dragged across the bottom...you normally don't get wet on that ride, we managed to get soaked...But yea, we pretty much hit up everything there...

I went to Cedar Pointe earlier this year and hit up every 'coaster, minus the Top Thrill Dragster (was shut down due to rain). Did the Millenium Force 4 times in the rain and once not in the rain one after the other. Didn't get sick once all day. :)

Let's see, I went on one in Universal Studios that was called the Rockin' Roller Coaster I think, and then I went on the Tower of Terror there too.

At six flags I've been on Ninja (which is kinda mild), Batman (which I have a funny story about below), Mr. Freeze, and The Boss. They also had Excaliber which I went on, but it's not a roller coaster really.

Here are some pics (they're big so I'm only posting links):
Mr. Freeze: http://www.coasterforce.com/photogal/sfstl...0Freeze%201.jpg
Batman: http://www.coasterforce.com/photogal/sfstl...L%20BTR%202.jpg
Boss: http://www.coasterforce.com/photogal/sfstl...%20Boss%202.jpg
Ninja: http://www.coasterforce.com/photogal/sfstl/SFStL%20Ninja.jpg
Excaliber: http://www.coasterforce.com/photogal/sfstl...caliber%202.jpg

While we (me and my friend) were waiting in line for the Batman, we met some weird guy from the American Coaster Enthusiats (some group that you can join and get discounts at parks sometimes) and he was telling us about all these roller coasters he's been on a stuff. Instead of just calling it Batman he called it "the ride Batman: The Ride." Anyways he's telling us how all Batmans are the same, and they're just mirror images of each other (the one in St. Louis is turns right at the little drop, whereas the one Variance posted turns left). Anyways he was really weirding me out by the time we got up to where you pick what row you want to be in on the coaster, and there's the sign that says "Batman: The Ride." Anyways he goes up to it and points "hey look guys, NAMTAB!" Neither my friend nor I knew what the hell he was talking about, and finally he explained that it's an "inside joke between Coaster Enthusiat members" that Batman coasters are really called NAMTAB because they're just mirror images of each other. So that's my story. :lol:

Let's see, I went on one in Universal Studios that was called the Rockin' Roller Coaster I think, and then I went on the Tower of Terror there too.

Ummm... those two rides are in the Disney/MGM Studios theme park (DisneyWorld) - not affliated with Universal Studios. :P

Just recently went to Six Flags Great Adventure (Jackson, NJ)... rode Kingda Ka - the world's tallest, fastest roller coaster (0-120 mph in 3.5 seconds/456 feet tall). Not as bad as I thought it would be, couldn't tell how high you were going up, but when you reached the top and saw how all the cars in the parking lot looked like micromachines, and then the 90 degree angle straight down... whoa!

I've been on xcelerator and many others, but they all feel the same... sort of. I enjoy the thrill of a rollercoaster, but some are extreme to the point it's... pointless. It's almost like it was designed to beat a record and torture your body for the sake of it, not because it's enjoyable. I can't remember how many times a day at the theme park has been ruined by a g-force induced headache.

I have never been on a roller coaster before ;) I'm not sure why not--I mean, yes, I'm scared of them, but I've been bungee jumping, so I can't imagine it's much worse, no?

It's amazing how many rollercoasters there are around the world and growing in numbers and configuration. Obviously people everywhere love the thrill. Me, I always have to fight motion sickness....so watch out below...but I still like the rides.

It's amazing how many rollercoasters there are around the world and growing in numbers and configuration.  Obviously people everywhere love the thrill.  Me, I always have to fight motion sickness....so watch out below...but I still like the rides.

[post="5932"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I took some Dramamine to prevent motion sickness. The pills are nasty as hell but they work.

My favorite coaster is on the California costline in Santa Cruz. It was built in 1924 by Arthur Looff. Along with the carosel and the whole boardwalk, it is a national historic landmark as it is the last seaside boardwalk on the west coast. It has had over 50 million riders in its history and is one of the top wooden rollercoasters in America.

It was also in a Dirty Harry movie as part of the ficticous town of San Marcos I believe...where the guy falls off the coaster and onto a unicorn in the carosel, which is not possible as the carosel is not near the rollercoaster.

Posted Image
Posted Image