One of my friends lucked out

So I have a friend who is finally getting rid of his learners and getting his full license. He told me he was buying a car for 500$ from his great uncle and that it was American and he thought it was a GM but beyond that he didn't know what it was as the name of the car was unfamiliar (he couldn't quite remember it). He described it as a "big white coupe" with red leather upholstery and that the car was MY 1990.

I came by there today only to find out that the car he spoke of was a 1990 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo in white with the Garnet leather interior. It has 100'000 miles and is in pretty decent shape. It has the fully functional factory original Oldsmobile Visual Information Display (Touchscreen CRT control for HVAC and Stereo), Keyless Entry, the Automated Voice that talks to you, etc. Everything is original and everything works- even the popup headlamps.

So suffice to say I'm a little jealous right now. He really loves his new car- he's always kinda been sympathetic to American cars but he really likes this Toronado saying its better than the big Cadillacs of the era that I favour (I'll agree to disagree).

Here's some pictures of a similar car:

1G3EV13L9MU304929-1.jpg

1G3EV13L9MU304929-2.jpg

1G3EV13L9MU304929-4.jpg

1G3EV13L9MU304929-3.jpg

Cool for the '90s.

Isn't the '90 / Trofeo the elongated rear deck model? Olds did wonders for the Toro visually when they stretched it whenever they did.

Aye that was the long rear deck.

Wow, that is amazingly clean.

Again that's not the exact car but it's in similar condition

Tell you're friend he has a future classic, and not to mod it in any way (ghetto deck, wheels etc).

He might be able to sell it for much more than he paid.

I would be in heaven driving that.

He's not the sort of person that would mod a car so not to worry...