Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

What if

but why attempt to bolster one's own opinion with the assumed like opinions of others ?

That'd be nice if it was true, alas it is not.

I talk with several members off-board. Their opinions are not assumed by me. Hence the reason I said:

I know I'm not the only one who feels that way.

I am trying to focus less on the national or even global picture to an extent. I keep tabs on the local and state and important issuess, but what will be, will be. I am focusing more on my direct needs for the while. Upcoming house purchase, paying off the impala's loan, a serious relationship. i am going to put most of my energy into the community and to my family and to heck with everything else. isolationalism has perks and drawbacks, but on an individual's local level i think there is a need for it right now. once i get the house i am going to start searching for that next project. my great aunt has a 63 ss 327 4sp black on red original owner. there is a guy at my church with a 71-72 camaro in pieces maybe i can snag. there is even an orange 74 pontiac formula 400 tucked in the woods on the way to my girlfriends house. who knows what the future holds.

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34

Gospel.

I'm doing the same thing. (Then again, I've always been pretty 'isolated')

Blu-Tail of the Dragon-I may be taking the Miata there in two weeks when I go to North Carolina to see my parents.

338 curves in line 18 miles or something...

You would be welcome to ride along on a tail of the dragon ride sometime if you would wish.

But yeah, a cat is not the same as a person.

Chris

Tail of the dragon is pretty close to me, actually. Yet I've never been... Hmmm.

Oh, and if you guys are wondering, I'm not even going to get into this pissing match that certain members of this board HAVE to maintain simply because they can't accept opinions/outlooks that are different from their own. And that's especially true for the members that live in a distorted reality; remember, SOME of us have known you for far longer than others.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

True, but you can cover SOME of them, namely; those that are most likely to affect you long-term. Wouldn't that be prudent & responsible ? Why does it have to be 'absolutely everything' or 'just ignore it' ??

And it would likewise be settling to see some indicators that things, even just a few things, are going in a 'right' direction, in order to relieve some of the stress of these & other concerns.

I think I know what Camino is talking about. There's nothing wrong with concern as long as it's managable- lack of concern/ viligance is where the problems start & spread. IMO, it's time to do regular 'proximity sweeps' WRT one's self & family... because no one else is going to do it. And for the first time in my life I see the question at hand as a very real possibility.

very nicely put. in order to cover some of it, we first endure self-discovery and self-analysis....both of which are rarely ever a bad thing. it's unsettling to go on ignoring, but even those who believe they are ignoring soon enough discover what's around them is impossible to ignore.

i think the few things that bring about a settling are coming soon.

concern inevitably leads to answers. if concern didn't exist we'd all be oblivious and never progress.

"this too shall pass." [somewhere in the Bible]

every once in a while a thought or idea is passed. a common sentiment is shared, and somewhere God is saying, my people are once again growing to a point.....the point where a shared or common ideal starts to spread in many. the point where understanding dawns a light on a point that has been shooting around the person/people, and now they're finally starting to get it.

as with everything. this season passes, we'll endure something more, and collectively we'll come to a greater understanding. soon enough there will be those who come to understand enough to pinpoint exactly where we should all be going and the how will come to us individually.

What do you plan to do if things continue to go badly, with no rebound in sight?

If our losses become permanent?

for a very long while, I have felt decommissioned, physically ill, down and out, oppressed. for better or worse, i don't go to doctors when this sort of thing happens. i take it as it comes and don't come to harsh conclusions one way or another. there are other things i attribute it to. the good thing is i think it's starting to turn around.

for a very long while, I have felt decommissioned, physically ill, down and out, oppressed. for better or worse, i don't go to doctors when this sort of thing happens. i take it as it comes and don't come to harsh conclusions one way or another. there are other things i attribute it to. the good thing is i think it's starting to turn around.

Like I said in another post, long drive, rock and roll (or whatever you wish to listen to) heart attack on a plate for a meal will do wonders.

Sometimes you just need to clear your head.

Chris

Tail of the dragon is pretty close to me, actually. Yet I've never been... Hmmm. Oh, and if you guys are wondering, I'm not even going to get into this pissing match that certain members of this board HAVE to maintain simply because they can't accept opinions/outlooks that are different from their own. And that's especially true for the members that live in a distorted reality; remember, SOME of us have known you for far longer than others.

Actually what I like about this place is that we don't all agree.

Where else on the net could you find a boat load of different Camaro's, a mid 70's Chevrolet wagon, a Prius, two 59 Buicks, a few Bezes, an Avanti, A few Cobalt SS's. Corvettes, A MINI or two, a Miata, a few cutty's, modern Buicks, W body Impala's, Soltices, BMW's, GMC trucks, a model A ford, a Buick Century, Cobalt, El Camino, Lincoln, CTS-V,68 Benneville ragtop, etc.

It would be boring if we all drove the same C-4 Corvette or something.

Crhis

• 2 weeks later...
...if you mean how do we live without a wife and/or kids some of us dont have a choice. We just do it.

*nods*

Yep...basically ... even with society telling us something is MAJORLY wrong with us for still being single.

*shrugs*

But, I'm 35 ... and it feels way too late for me now, anyway. Besides, who in their right mind would want to be with someone who has health issues like mine?

So, I stick with my Monte Carlos ... and friends ... and some family ... and road trips ... and hobbies ... etc.

Besides, my 8 month old nephew keeps me plenty busy when I get to have "nephew time" with him. :)

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 = Sept 5-16, '09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"After so many dreams have fallen through, it's time that 1 came true" ... Earl Thomas Conley ... 'Nobody Falls Like A Fool'