Fbodfathers commnets on leak/Adult feedback

hyperv6

I hope Fbodfather will not be upset if I repost his comments on Z28C. I think he said it better in his original statment and I would not paraphrase it as well. Please read and enjoy.

If you feel compelled this is a great thread to start and leave ADULT feed back with the understanding that this was not a completed concept car. I am sure Scott will see our coments and appreciate our feedback. Here is where your words can make a differance.

Fbodfather:

To my fellow enthusiasts. I think I'm pleased, for the most part, as to the comments I'm hearing. Yes, there will always be a few that have harsh words....that's to be expected. I still look forward with great relish to watching the faces and expressions of my fellow enthusiasts as they see the concept in person for the first time....(you have no idea of how much I look forward to it.......)

Now.........why am I upset? (let's forget the Corp. position for a moment, shall we?)

How many times have you met someone......and your first impression was "Well, if he/she wasn't

>all sweaty/dressed poorly/bad-hair-day/20 pounds overweight/bad mood/ --insert anything bad here -- <

...........he/she would be a knockout...........

See what I mean? First impressions are oh-so important. We did not get the chance to control a first impression. The pictures you saw are obviously not of a finished product.

WE won't go into the financial impact this will have on GM....but suffice to say it will.

We do want your input.......but there's a proper way to get that. Your input, believe it or not, has been somewhat compromised in that, again, you did not see a finished product.

Moreover, it started a firestorm of controversy on several sites..and people started flinging insults back and forth.....and in a few cases, some close friends were summarily flamed beyond recognition. Because of someones' (that's plural, by the way) poor judgement, people are now mad at each other. That is even MORE unfortunate.

So........yup.......I am beyond angry at the GM or contract employee that allowed these photos to be posted. I suppose I will eventually lose some of my anger at a few webmasters that also played a part in this scenario.

All that said..........I hope you like what you saw. It is not the finished concept...and moreover, you can never adequately or fairly judge a product by a picture......esp. one like you saw. I hope that each of you will get to see the concept in person as it tours the country to several autoshows and events.......and that you are even more excited and enthused.

I hope that there's a lot of good that comes from this unfortunate experience......and that now, most, if not all of you can plainly see that 'The Future Indeed Looks Bright!"

Scott also noted "the car is NOT RETRO in person".

Here is my feedback to start.

Well any way I was glad to see the car is even better than I expected and not a slave to a single model year of the past.

I just don't know were Ford will go with the Mustang next? Will it be a retro 69.

I enjoyed the underbody as much as any as it showed me things I had hoped to see. The GM staff behind this should be applauded for not taking the easy way out by going retro or letting the wind tunnel tell them wha to draw. There are too few good original designes these days as it is.

I also know the mirrors are concept and will not make production but they just don't work well with the car.

I was as much please with the underbody picture and what I saw showed me many things I wanted to see. If a IRS and coil overs can be retained with a V8 for 30K this will be a bargin performance car in much the same way the Z06 is the best supercar for the dollar.

Speaking of the Vette, did I note a little C6 in the quarters and rear tail light panel?

The 2009 model if introduced in fall 08 would only be 20 months out from January. The future is bright and not as far off as many feel. Edited by hyperv6

Here is my post from the same thread: Scott, after reading your post, and the first few in this thread, I became too excited to read the rest when I saw it's okay to post impressions. I cannot say enough of how thrilled I am with this concept. In its current form, the car is pure sex. I cannot equivocate the resounding success with which you have rendered a new Camaro for the new generation. It is mean, beautiful, sophisticated, and futuristic, all wrapped into one tight, beautifully proportioned package. I mean, NO complaints. Zero. There are elements that I'm sure can be done differently, and will be done differently, but Thank God GM has finally listened and is creating exciting cars yet again. Now, take this RWD platform and give Pontiac AND Buick a huge dose of excitement too!! [BUILD Velite and G6 RWD, please please please] Those rims, the definition of perfection. You really let the designers do thier thing on this one, kudos to welburn, peters, and lutz!, and of course all the designers who had a hand in this. The interior is perfect too. I don't know man, i think, uh, build it and they will come.

Guest YellowJacket894
When I finally saw those pics, all I could say was "Damn!" Seriously, it's much more of an attractive product than the Mustang and the Challenger. I think the Camaro will be on top again, doing what it did best just a few years back: offering Mustang-slaughtering performance for a few hundred bucks cheaper. To sum it up: When I'm financially able to trade up the '98 Camaro I hope to be buying soon, I'll go straight for this and not even consider the competition. No questions asked.

Aside from the negative aspects of the leak... I really liked what I saw. I can always trust GM to make the right decisions when it comes to drivetrains, and I know whatever comes will ride on a chassis that is lightyears ahead of my 4th gen... So, what the pictures confirmed (I hope) is that the new car will be BEAUTIFUL. It's not slab sided, with a flat beltline like the mustang. It has some amazing curves and details that would definitely (again, like I hope) make a mustang driver regret ever making that purchase. Now, it is just a matter of waiting until 1/8 to see the final concept. Then... enjoy it in all its glory when I go to NAIAS on 1/14! And finally buy it when the time comes. :D

I can say this, I was aware at first glance that it was more of a mockup. I do understand that things not only look better when complete, but even better in person. Now, with that said, I gotta say, I was very impressed with what I saw! I originally had worries that maybe the design wouldn't meet people expectations, because when you think of all the cool concept renderings that were not derived from GM and all the speculation, it was is going to take quit a car to meet the peoples expectations. And I think that what I saw, especially when in complete form, is deffinatly going to do that! It's one thing to introduce a vehicle that nobody expected and make them go "Wow", it's another to exceed peoples expectations on one that people have been waiting for and speculating on for the past few years. All I can say is Kudos to GM on what I saw. Can't wait for NAIAS! Edited by BuddyP

Well... I've been a long time lurker here waiting, watching and hoping for a new Camaro. Not because I wanted one but because I believe GM really needs this car as much if not more than fans of the car want it brought back. It will be very beneficial for GM to have this car when the bottom falls out of the SUV market. Having said that, I come from a family of Chevrolet faithful but I've owned nothing but imports, feeling that for my money they were the better buy. Well after six Hondas, two Mazdas and one Nissan I only have this left to say... IF THIS CAR COMES TO PRODUCTION LOOKING ANYTHING CLOSE TO THIS WITH A V8, SIX SPEED TRANS, GOOD HANDLING AND A BALLPARK PRICE OF 30K, MAKE MINE SILVER ON BLACK AND SIGN ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah, this is my first post and I'm happy to be here. :CG_all:

Well, I lasted a day trying to keep myself honest and wait 'till the 8th. Naturally that didn't happen. Thank you Fbodfather. I don't know you well, and we've never conversed, but I've read your posts on here and on CZ28 and suffice to say I'm grateful for all you've done for the Camaro and all it's fans. If not for you, I'd probably have expunged the word "Camaro" from my vocabulary years ago. Its death (as well as the Firebird's) was one unbefitting of a car of such legendary status, yet you've given us reason to believe that we'd have our day in the sun again. If the Camaro had to die so that a car like this could be produced, then I'm now OK with it. I'm now glad GMNA said no when Holden offered them the Monaro as a Camaro replacement. This makes a much better Camaro. I'm as giddy now as I was in the late 80s when my dad was restoring a wrecked 1986 Firebird and Iroc. He sold both (though he thought about keeping the Iroc), and I've longed to own a F-body ever since. You don't know what this means to me, that I'll once again be able to buy one. Just promise me one thing: I'm 5'4" and found driving (or finding a comfortable seating position) impossible in the 4th gen. Promise me that my vertically challenged frame will have no such difficulties in this new car. In any case, NYIAS is a certainty for my father and me now. I'd love to ge tthe chance to meet you and personally thank you for all you've done. If anyone needs me, I'll be camping out at my local Chevy dealership waiting for this thing to arrive.

If anyone needs me, I'll be camping out at my local Chevy dealership waiting for this thing to arrive.

[post="55160"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

So, I take it you've "broken" and took a peek :P

Now.........why am I upset? (let's forget the Corp. position for a moment, shall we?)

How many times have you met someone......and your first impression was "Well, if he/she wasn't

>all sweaty/dressed poorly/bad-hair-day/20 pounds overweight/bad mood/ --insert anything bad here -- <

See what I mean? First impressions are oh-so important. We did not get the chance to control a first impression. The pictures you saw are obviously not of a finished product.

[post="54763"][/post]

Excellent point. I had not thought of in those terms but now that you put it that way I agree.

There is consolation in all of this: WE STILL LOVE IT!

Maybe it is because I'm a diehard 1st gen. Camaro fan, but I see through all the imperfections and unresolved lines to an AMAZING product with exceptional styling. Knowing what I do about GM, amazing performance is a given. There is no doubt in my mind this car will make the Mustang look like a Sissy Mama's Boy at the dragstrip AND the race track!

P.S. Would a standard AND an RS front end (with hideaways) be asking too much? B)

Posted Image

Oh, and BTW, everyone I've shown the picture to LOVES it.

[post="55158"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Same here. I printed it off the night they first came out -- one pic of the rear, face, and interior -- and asked everybody if they liked my next car...

If anyone needs me, I'll be camping out at my local Chevy dealership waiting for this thing to arrive.

[post="55160"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'll bring the pizza. :P

and asked everybody if they liked my next car...

You too? :P A lot of people said it looks like a Mustang... Other people said it looks nothing like a Camaro... I'll disagree on both. The Camaro was meant to compete in the exact same market as the mustang so of course there'll be a few similar elements. The overall consensus was that it's a hot car, but the mirrors have to go and the dash could use some work. Other than that, I love the interior and the exterior, aside from the few cues others have mentioned that could be tweaked.

I just hate it when somone says it looks like the Mustang. Lets see this car has more design elements in it and has sharper lines and what not. The Mustang has slab sides, a flat hood and a round greenhouse. The Camaro concept just has some beautiful lines in it and all the right creases. The windws are shaped different and it has totally different lines. Most people who say it looks like a Mustang are Mustang owners who hate the Camaro no matter what. Best example, my ex gf Natalie. That was the first thing she said then decided to take a cheap shot by saying "I thought you dont like retro" Which I responded: "I dont but I will take what is presented to me, at least GM tried to be different than the 60's" She shut up after that :D

put them next to each other and people will automatically see the difference. the general public's eye need to get adjusted to a new design by seeing many copies on the road, then they decide if they like it. Actually, this works for enthusiasts too.

Fbodfather:

[ocnblu]I didn't know you were into he/shes....[/ocnblu]

:ph34r:

Seriously, though, your input and interaction are *very* much appreciated 'round here. Your arguments are reasonable.

If you find the source of the link, it'd be interesting to hear what exactly happens to him/her.

-RBB