My favorite GMC ever

Well, that sure is sweet.

Now- the questions: Is that a complete Chevy front clip?? obviously the hood is the same- is that the same grille as a Chevy, too?? Same 'skunk stripes' & rims ??

I haven't noted or seen many pics of a Sprint, I had thought there was more differentiation. Kinda renders the 'my fav GMC' thing a bit moot, no ? :unsure:

She's a hard-charging dream, Camino. Is my memory lapsing again... the front signal lamps, there is no body-color strip on the divider bar like the Chevelle/El Camino... is that a GMC thing, or is it missing? Edited by ocnblu

Well, that sure is sweet.

Now- the questions: Is that a complete Chevy front clip?? obviously the hood is the same- is that the same grille as a Chevy, too?? Same 'skunk stripes' & rims ??

I haven't noted or seen many pics of a Sprint, I had thought there was more differentiation. Kinda renders the 'my fav GMC' thing a bit moot, no ? :unsure:

Grille and stripes are the same, only badging is different.

The SP got a decal "SP" rather than emblems as in the "SS".

What's cool about these is the crazy level of rarity.

Rims are the same except for the impossible to find GMC centers, and the GMC badges are slightly different for the SP than regular Sprints.

Same big block engines, but GMC called them "Invader" instead of "Turbo-Jet".

EDIT: The marker lights were also different (slightly) and the grille may have been trimmed in a different way. I think some of the options may have been different too, but yeah, no significant differences.

Edited by Camino LS6

She's a hard-charging dream, Camino. Is my memory lapsing again... the front signal lamps, there is no body-color strip on the divider bar like the Chevelle/El Camino... is that a GMC thing, or is it missing?

You know, I'd have to check on that!

I know that the "graining"/coloration was slightly different, but I thought the bars were the same.

Yeah I think the body-color trim piece was just like glued on to the lamp on the Chevys. It even may have been tape... not certain of that, though, I'd have to see a '71 Chevelle and put an eyeball on that. It looks like this Sprint is just missing the divider bar tape, the lamp itself looks identical to a Chevy, IIRC. Edited by ocnblu

>>"...but yeah, no significant differences."<<

Not taking away anything here... but, IMO: lameness. Not in the hardware/styling, but in that GMC didn't expend any effort here whatsoever. Still cool.

True, but they made very,very, few.

Wouldn't have been cost-effective.

This would actually be a Phantom or clone I could see myself building.

I've always wanted an older truck....HMMM...start with a 71 El-Camino....build a "tribute" vehicle....

Can almost feel the big block rumble.

Chris