Not sure what to think

If you really want a good deal on repo's go to an auction where you can look at the car. I live down the road from the Ohio auto auction and every so often they ahve auctions that are open to the public and not just dealers.

Also, my boss buys cars online from a place in Chicago I think. He just picked up a new Beetle for his girlfriend for $3500, needed some minor repair but ran great.

But my two cents is to do what gm4life did. Find a car where you know the history and know how its been taken care of. I'd rather pay $500 too much and get a really good, well cared for car than spend $500 too little and get a car with problems.

That thinking has always served me well.

Chris

Actually this would be a good time to upgrade, although replacing the tranny might not be a bad idea.

A fuel efficient good handling small car might be just the thing when gas prices go back to $4.25 a gallon.

Chris

I just got this reply from the BBB:

No they are not members. Thank you for the information you provided!

Ida Marquez | Trade Practices Consultant

Better Business Bureau Serving Denver/Boulder

Tel: 303-996-3966

Fax: 303-577-8104

Email: [email protected]

denver.bbb.org

Better Business Bureau Serving Denver/Boulder

1020 Cherokee Street

Denver,CO 80204

Need help promoting your products and services? Join us August 26, 2009, 8:15am - 3:45 pm for our new Building Better Business Seminar "Promoting Your Business"

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

Your BBB encourages you to Start With Trust before you sign a contract, buy, or donate.

Always check first at denver.bbb.org.

If you really want a good deal on repo's go to an auction where you can look at the car. I live down the road from the Ohio auto auction and every so often they ahve auctions that are open to the public and not just dealers.

Also, my boss buys cars online from a place in Chicago I think. He just picked up a new Beetle for his girlfriend for $3500, needed some minor repair but ran great.

But my two cents is to do what gm4life did. Find a car where you know the history and know how its been taken care of. I'd rather pay $500 too much and get a really good, well cared for car than spend $500 too little and get a car with problems.

That thinking has always served me well.

Chris

one of the large MPLS auction places is like 2 miles from my house. I should see if they open to the public. If not, maybe i can get a job there...LOL

What about just replacing the transmission in the Aztek?

still driving it for now. word is from a relative who owns a tranny shop a few hours away, that is shouldn't go fast and its fairly typical for GM / my car with that tranny.

he also said maybe try lubegard or something and see if it frees up anything inside it.

so i am holding off fixing it for a bit.