P90X

NOS2006

Have you ever done it? If not, have you at least heard of it?

I've been doing it since Monday... and damn it's awesome so far. I know I've only done three days of workouts (plus I'm watching what I eat like they suggest), but it's been great so far. My body is sore all over, and I'm getting real results. I'm really just doing this to get ripped and toned, and I think it's going to work. It's the only fitness program I've ever tried, other than lifting weights here and there... and so far I'm very impressed.

I weighed myself Sunday night and the scale said 151.4 lbs. This morning I weighed in at 147.2, so that's a loss of 4.2 lbs in approximately 3.5 days, so a good 1.2 lbs per day. Plus, I can just feel that I'm gaining muscle, I'm aching all over lol.

Anybody else ever tried this and gotten results?

I have heard about it from a Marine friend, who has been working out since past two months. I have read some good reviews on Amazon. While I cannot say if it is scientific or not, it seems reasonable. I do not know if I can stand the guy though, he seems occasionally irritating and pompous.

Are the DVD's of good quality? Did you receive the workout guide and nutrition guide in the package? These are the major quibbles from the folks at Amazon.

5,000 Yay!

Congrats on the 5000th!

I actually just made my own spreadsheets (based on ones I found online), printed a P90X Nutrition Guide that I found online, and bit-torrented the DVDs... so I can't really comment on the quality or whatever. But my DVDs are pretty good quality considering they're free and ripped from the 'net.

He is sometimes a little irritating and pompous, but he's not terrible. I usually play the DVD loud enough to know what's going on, but I turn my radio up to be just a bit louder. It helps the time go by.

Congrats on the 5000th!

I actually just made my own spreadsheets (based on ones I found online), printed a P90X Nutrition Guide that I found online, and bit-torrented the DVDs... so I can't really comment on the quality or whatever. But my DVDs are pretty good quality considering they're free and ripped from the 'net.

He is sometimes a little irritating and pompous, but he's not terrible. I usually play the DVD loud enough to know what's going on, but I turn my radio up to be just a bit louder. It helps the time go by.

I need your bit torrent and info. $130 is too much to pay not bad if it is free.

haha Possibly true...

Basically, P90X is a 90-day fitness guide. Every day you follow the routine that is on the schedule, and there are three separate phases of the schedule. Each day you're doing something different though, and it's pretty cool. The different DVDs are:

• Chest & Back
  • Plyometrics
  • Shoulders & Arms
  • Yoga X
  • Legs & Back
  • Kenpo X
  • X Stretch
  • Ab Ripper X
  • Cardio X
  • Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps
  • Back & Biceps
  • Core Synergistics

Typically on M/W/F you do Ab Ripper X in addition to whatever exercise you do that night. Sundays you have the option to rest or do Stretch X. Then, on the fourth week of every phase you have a "Recovery Week" where you do the easier ones (yoga, stretch x, core synergistics, kenpo). You have the (strongly encouraged) option of doing the nutrition guide too, which basically means watch what you eat and that's all. But I've been averaging lower calories this week (without starving myself!) and have been doing great. Like I said, my body feels it all over, and I feel it works.

Google it and you'll see many people who have done it and many great before/after shots. People do it both to lose weight and to get toned/ripped. It's not much for adding mass, but it's great for the other things I mentioned!

A good BitTorrent client is uTorrent, because it's tiny. It's what I use because it runs efficiently on my Pentium II.

I've heard about P90X, but only checked it out now. Some of the exercises look pretty effective, and I may incorporate one or two in my workout. Still, call me a skeptic, but I think weights, and resistance are the best way for leaning out, or gaining mass and can be easily tailored to needs. Seeing as Wikipedia says that a P90X workout lasts from an hour to an hour and a half, weights/resistance sounds more efficient.

I'll stop being a stick in the mud now. :P