What does Camaro mean for Velite?

buickguy

not bashing the idea at all, but when was the last time buick actually produced an all new car that was actually close to the concept. anyone know? buick just doesn't have the recent track record for keeping at a concept to make it produced, but i'd love to see something very close to it actually made in the next 5 years.

I'm not sure the possibility is any better. The Camaro is a ~$20-30k vehicle and the Velite would be price over $40k and well into the $50k range, so I'm not sure a Camaro makes the business case for the Velite any better, especially considering they're still trying to finish the Camaro's business case.

Velite. Now there's a new modern Buick name that I LOVE. It's sexy, masculine, sophisticated & exotic all at the same time. At least from my point of referance.

I'm not sure the possibility is any better. The Camaro is a ~$20-30k vehicle and the Velite would be price over $40k and well into the $50k range, so I'm not sure a Camaro makes the business case for the Velite any better, especially considering they're still trying to finish the Camaro's business case.

[post="57586"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Is Velite pronounced veh-LEET, vuh-LEET or VAY-light?

I pronouce it VEE-lite. I belive a case can be made for the Velite in limited numbers. The Camaro will be built on a high volume global chassis, one that will replace even VE eventually. Given that Zegma, or whatever you want to call it, will be global and underpin ALL RWD models, except for maybe luxury models on Sigma, I can see a Buick vert being built on it since there will definately be a Buick sedan on this chassis.