Merry X-mas Sixty-8

Nick

Woah!

My jaw just hit the effin floor!!!!

Have I meantioned that for sports cars my favorite coor by leaps and bounds is canary yellow. This thing makes my heart skip beats. They only made a few McLarens in yellow, probably less than double digits... this is probably the only one in California. Thanks SOOOOO much for posting this Nick.

Well... I'm off to rob a bank! B)

Posted Image

US $1,000,000.00 is the current bid... ?
Can we scrape it together for Sixty8?

[post="58194"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I can look in the chair and the couch but in my pocket i have 2.68 cents

so we have

Someday when Bill Gates throws me a bone I'll buy one... if it ISN'T a yellow one I'll do it up in DuPont Flat black and old school rat rod pinstripes with gloss red wheels and z-rated whitewalls! My vanity plate will be IM POOR. :P

hey um capriceman...i hate to be the one who says it but isnt it selln for a million not a billion? and... "that car is yellow because I urinated all over it!" -lance why do you even post here? do you even know what this site is for?

hey um capriceman...i hate to be the one who says it but isnt it selln for a million not a billion?

[post="58828"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

What are you talking about that quote is wrong!

(Thanks)

I Never did good math class.

The car for those that are truly empty inside.

[post="58818"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Actaully McLaren is the real deal... not some over-glorified penis extension like some exotics that barely manage to outdo the Corvette.

If you spend the time and read the story of this car... the 30-something years it existed as a hypothetical and the amazing job BMW did on the powerplant you would probably have respect for it. It's the brainchild and pipe dream of the company's namesake... Bruce McLaren. Gordo Murray played a very interesting role in this car's development too.

One of my favorite things about the McLaren is how it was such a double-F-you and a slap in the face for Honda.

They were asked to develop the V12 and laughed off the target weight-to-power ratio, and the target cost of developing the motor. For their first choice of Honda McLaren went to Mercedes Benz and then to BMW.

Well guess what? BMW came in UNDER-Budget, aheasd of schedule and the weight requirement was met. Oh and one last thing... the engine's output was not the 600 horsepower that McLaren wanted... it was 627.

Later that grew to about 640.

Suck to be you Honda. Another reason why BMW kicks @$$! Edited by Sixty8panther

If you spend the time and read the story of this car... the 30-something years it existed as a hypothetical blah blah...

[post="58883"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

If you watched last week's Simpsons, you would've gotten the reference.

Anyway, I'm sure its a fine car, but $1,000,000+? Man...

If you watched last week's Simpsons, you would've gotten the reference.

Hah!! The Lamborgati Fastarossa!!!