Chevrolet of Tomorrow

Ghost Dog

"Chevrolet will get things rolling with its own version of the Aura sedan, said Hall, who was treated to a peek at the new Chevrolet sedan. He called the new Chevrolet design even more striking than the Saturn. "
Posted Image
The AURA is one very striking car if u ask me...

geesus, wasn't it me last week who said the next BU was shaping up to be a rebadge of the Aura?

and now it sounds EVen more like that might be the case.

same plant even.

[post="58538"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That's not what I got out of this:

The Saturn Aura shares its engineering underpinnings with the current Chevrolet Malibu.

Which is on Epsilon.

The next generation Malibu will be much more aggressive-looking, said GM's Wilkinson,

Which is on Epsilon II, right? I understood it that that Aura's platform would be one generation behind the next Malibu.

-RBB Edited by RBB

Correct. The next malibu will be on the new Epsilon platform which will be a bit larger then the current one and will able to support AWD as an option unlike the current one. Also, it will be created so that could be built easily in any plant across the world that also is building a car based off the Epsilon II platform. So if GM needs more vehicles to keep up with demand or the US factory is damaged.. they can just build the Bu overseas and ship it here.. or vice versa.

[quote]There was a time when a big Chevrolet was considered cool.[/quote]

Like now.

[quote]its SUVs and trucks, dazzle only through sheer size.[/quote]

Umm okay.... People buy Tahoes only because they're big.... Yeah right.

[quote]Even otherwise good cars, like the Impala sedan, have the visual excitement of a decent sport coat.[/quote]

Better than the visual excitement of a tan turtleneck sweater; like the Camry.

[quote]Eye-catching design has certainly worked for the Chrysler Group of DaimlerChrysler. Cars like the Chrysler 300 and Dodge Magnum sell well without heavy incentives. Both cars are proportioned to look as if they could have driven straight out of a comic book.[/quote]

Wow, imagine that.... DESIGN SELLS a consumer driven PRODUCT in a hyper competitive market

Just wow! Way to think GM!!!!!

[quote]Chevrolet will get things rolling with its own version of the Aura sedan, said Hall, who was treated to a peek at the new Chevrolet sedan. He called the new Chevrolet design even more striking than the Saturn.[/quote]

Great..... Another "We're out of ideas so we'll copy the flavor of the week" GM offering....

I certainly hope not.

[quote]Better design could be enough to get buyers to consider a GM vehicle when, in the past, they would have gone with a Toyota or Honda as, simply, a safer bet.[/quote]

Keep telling yourself that...

Besides, this 'Bu was cancelled aparently...... Or maybe not.... Hell, who knows? (The NG Malibu)

Unless this article is in fact talking about the EpII Malibu, which, best I know, hasn't been shown to anyone outside of GM yet.

"Chevrolet will get things rolling with its own version of the Aura sedan, said Hall, who was treated to a peek at the new Chevrolet sedan. He called the new Chevrolet design even more striking than the Saturn. "
Posted Image
The AURA is one very striking car if u ask me...

[post="58372"][/post]

Unfortunately, and please correct me if I'm wrong, the production version will be/has been toned down from the concept you posted.

The next Malibu is on Epsilon I (GMX386) and then about 3 years later a new one will debut on Epsilon II.

And how do you get the feeling that the Malibu and Aura will look similar from this?:

He called the new Chevrolet design even more striking than the Saturn.

More striking doesn't mean similar. And being built in the same plant means nothing. The current Malibu and Aura will be built in the same plant for a while and they look nothing alike.

The next Malibu is on Epsilon I (GMX386) and then about 3 years later a new one will debut on Epsilon II.

And how do you get the feeling that the Malibu and Aura will look similar from this?:
More striking doesn't mean similar. And being built in the same plant means nothing. The current Malibu and Aura will be built in the same plant for a while and they look nothing alike.

[post="58847"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It's this line:

Chevrolet will get things rolling with its own version of the Aura sedan,

That worries me.