Do you like your co-workers?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like your co-workers?

• Yes
    • Most of them
    • About half of them
    • A few of them
    • No

Coming into the office this AM, I thought about this. Now, today I am moving my office (a swap with a neighbor) to get away from this chick who talks way too much...to others, to me...and needs lots of attention. I need to get my work done. Other than this and a couple of others, everybody is amazingly pretty cool. There are few cliques to speak of. There are about 35 people in the office. I think it comes down from the partners in the firm...they are very casual and even do rotating kitchen duties. Some people here are insanely funny. At the last firm I worked, in 2003, the partners were absolute jerks...they thought they were better than middle management and the staff employees, didn't roll up their sleeves and only looked for the negative (who and what wasn't keeping them in the chips) ... and they got fired in a shake-up. C'est la vie. At any rate, I feel pretty lucky to work with a cool bunch of people. As long as I am left to work fairly independently and I can periodically be my obnoxious self, I am pretty happy. What's your work situation like?

Considering I work with my parents, I have to like them. I work with two other unrelated guys and one is pretty cool. He's really funny when he gets pissed off on the phone while speaking to customer support in India. The other guy is one of those annoying people who tell random stories and not-so-funny jokes. He also has bad BO.

Love my coworkers now. I liked my coworkers at my previous job as well, just not the new management, especially the fat, oderous British expatriate who thought running a scuba shack in the Carribbean two months out of the year qualified him to run an airport and boss people around. Yeah, no resentment here at all!

Wow...before I liked "most of them" however after our Christmas Party they shook up pretty much the entire store, from our hostess right up to our store manager, so I don't know any of them. However, out of the remaining people that stayed from the last "group" I only like a "few" of them, and that's using the term loosely. Basically, I go in, do what I have to do to make money and make friends with nobody.

Currently I only have 1 co-worker. For the most part he's good people (and the fact that he's my brother has nothing to do with that assessment), but lately he has been getting on my nerves in a big way. Time to move on.

[post="67274"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

too funny !

me ?

I work alone
ah with nobody else
and when I work alone
I prefer to be by myself

:lol:

doesnt play well with others.....who would have thought ?

I am pretty comfortable with my co-workers. A few are 18-20 years old and need to grow up a little bit As long as people dont bother me too much I am ok. I run a wave soldering machine at an electronics plant. I am also a trainer for others that run the other waves. I kind of though am more or less the person that tells them what needs to be done. More or less I am kind of their boss. Doesnt bother me. They want it that way and I would rather have it that way because then I can make sure things get done right. We are always pulling pranks on each other. Edited by 2005 EquinoxLS

I work in an all-male environment and their are too many alpha-type males strutting around. Managment is pretty weak and a lot of politics goes unchecked. And the Politically Correct Police would have a nightmare on their hands if they walked in here. Still, there are a couple people who make my day. Anyone who works in sales knows what I am talking about. There is a dichotomy of personalities at play here: you need an alpha type personality to work the customers, then a paperwork/computer geek who can steer the course of rules, regulations, etc. Getting harder and harder to find the type that can balance both. With both the government and GM dumping more and more paperwork on us every year, we are feeling more like CAs then salespeople.