Received This in the Mail...

NOS2006

Apparently, the local Chevy dealer sent me a special notice...

"Special Notice: We Want Your Car!

Michael Chevrolet in Chesterfield, MI has been selected as a site to conduct a special market test pricing and financing event. Your status as a Michael Chevrolet customer qualifies you for this private event.

We are in desperate need to acquire several 1998 CHEVROLET CAMARO vehicles before the close of business Monday, January 16th in order to fulfill special used vehicle requests. Our records indicate you own one of these vehicles and our sales managers have been authoriazed to buy back your current vehicle.

We would like to exchange your 1998 CHEVROLET CAMARO for any new 2006-2006 Chevrolet car or sporty utility vehicle or any pre-owned vehicle. With factory incentives and generous trade-in values, we feel confident that you can make this exchange with little or no out of pocket expense and with a monthly payment that fits your budget.

Frank ..., bring this letter for admittance to this even and present it to authorized representatives at Michael Chevrolet."

Hmmmmm... So I called. I asked for a manager. When he answered, I told him the notice I received; he knew what I was talking about. I told him they could have my car when a 2009 SS is sitting in my driveway. He laughed and said, "Okay. In that case, I'll see you in a few years!"

Wow. :)

Edited by NOS2006

NOS, thanks for posting this. We're always looking at new and inventive ways to bring customers in the door. There's some really effective phrasing and word tracks in that letter. Hope you don't mind, I printed it off, and in some way, shape or form, it'll probably make it into one of our promotions aimed at some of our market segment.

lol its fake...

dealerships do that all the time...

anything from, heres a key that may be the one to start the free vehicle...

to... you are pre-qualified notices..

to... You still got that 2001 Tahoe... well we just got these 07's in you should really check them out...

or... You still got a 98 Camaro... I've got a guy right here that wants to buy it, when can you come in?

NOS, Absolutely not. They just targeted people who were likely to be done paying off their cars and in the dealership's mind, probably ready to enter into a finance contract again. Just a marketing ploy. From time to time, its beneficial to target certain years (ie. contract paid off, warranty runs out) or vehicles (grand am owners, old style grand prix owners) to get some new car sales.

I wasn't being sarcastic, I'm seriously going to use parts of that mailing in some future promotion.

Edited by staceface