2007 Envoy?

AH-HA says that the new Envoy won't look anything like that photo and that it's nothing but a bad photochop of the Toyota FJ Cruiser. He also said that current Envoy fans will love the new Envoy's styling and that it has a truly spectacular interior. On the other hand, evok thinks that the photo was taken at the GM Design Center and that this may be an early design proposal for the GMC sub-Theta model. Whatever it is, the styling is exactly like the FJ Cruiser with some modified bits and that makes me think that it is nothing more than a photochop.

Didn't we already see a hint of that D-pillar and taillight somewhere as a teaser? I swear I remember seeing this vehicle before, posted here. It certainly is a bold design. I am very curious to see what GM has coming...

I have not confirmed that this photo is legit. But, my educated guess is that the photo was snapped with a camera phone at design much the same as the 900 Tahoe was taken. Compare the Tahoe photo and this one to see what I mean. The photo appears to be an early foam fulsize model. The photo is not the Lambda, 361 but appears to be the Theta. Edited by evok

Interesting, so it's the first Sub-Theta we've seen, meaning it's smaller than the VUE and Equinox. I'm glad it's not the Envoy or Lambda, because they need to apeal more to big families and soccer moms than a sub-Theta would, and I'm not too sure the vehicle pictured would go over well with soccer moms, but might go over better with younger people.

Voices inside my head say, this is close to what the new Envoy will look like. And I like it. It suggests that GM is getting away from vanilla design and flexing a bit with some much needed style in this segment.

Posted Image

Edited by HarleyEarl

Interesting, so it's the first Sub-Theta we've seen, meaning it's smaller than the VUE and Equinox.

I'm glad it's not the Envoy or Lambda, because they need to apeal more to big families and soccer moms than a sub-Theta would, and I'm not too sure the vehicle pictured would go over well with soccer moms, but might go over better with younger people.

[post="5515"][/post]

Actually this is the first sub theta we have seen
Posted Image

Envoy's are definitely the best GM Trucks in my opinion-much better dashboard than TrailBlazer, Rainier, 9-7X put together. I know Isuzu Ascender's a rebadge directly of the Envoy, but do they share the dash too? I haven't seen a Popular Mechanics magazine since the April issue-why is it Jim Dunne is such an ace photographer and used to have such great info and talent, and he's stooped this low in recent years? And I still have no clue why in tarnation GMC is getting another car-based crossover SUV. Congrats on the new Envoy purchase Roger!