Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HarleyEarl

Toy Cars

25 posts in this topic

When very little I really liked matchbox or dinkie toys and really got stoked when they had a trailer hitch with something to pull. I had a favorite car and camper trailer.

But my dream toy was always a pedal car and never got one. We lived in the mountians and nothing but gravel, really slowed them down.
I would have been in Nirvana with this:
Posted Image Edited by HarleyEarl

Corgi cars from decades ago are awesome. I wish I could go back in time and buy them all because they had some real net realistic cars.

Harley, I was wondering about the first pic you posted... I just gave up and walked off earlier...lol.

Harley, I was wondering about the first pic you posted...  I just gave up and walked off earlier...lol.

[post="183"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

LMAO....I must have pushed some wrong buttons, wrong picture came up.

Me? TRANSFORMERS!!

Posted Image

ok, ok...so my parents couldn't swing the enzo <_<

i got the m3 instead

Posted Image

Posted Image
ok, ok...so my parents couldn't swing the enzo <_<
i got the m3 instead

Posted Image

[post="221"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Too funny!!....that Enzo is so frickin hot.

Wow, I just remembered, I had a battery-powered split window Corvette I could ride in when I was like 3...

I was a HUGE Matchbox kid. I was 14 years old the very last time I played with them. There was a flood in Matchbox Town that day (a couple of five gallon buckets of water spilled through the little village, washing everything away in its path!)

I left them there, under an old dirt-floor shed in disarray.

I now own well over 3000 toy cars/models. About 15% of that are 1:18th scale and most of the rest are HotWheels, matchbox, Majorette, Corgi and other asorted cars in the 1:64th scale. The three that I would call my favorites as a little kid? - Bizzarrini Manta (years later I found out it was powered by a Chevy 427 BB) - 1979 Jaguar XJS (candy apple green) - 1978 Lincoln Mark V (gold metallic)

...I left them there, under an old dirt-floor shed in disarray.

[post="321"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That's the most damn depressing thing I've heard all day! :mellow:

Bluuuuu, that is so sad. Sixty8, that is an impressive collection! I had another favorite toy and it was really a set, a gas station and repair shop, I would play with that for hours. It had a metal garage with little people, props and cars. It was heaven to me.

I got a little story for this one. When I was about 5 years old, I had to have surgery on my ear because I was having trouble hearing out of it. After the surgery was over, my parents took me to Toys R Us and said I could pick one toy.

Out of all the toys there, what was that one toy I picked?

A Power Wheels Jeep Wrangler with a little electric motor.
Posted Image

Somehow, they let me have it. I guess they figured my sister could ride in it too. I never let her drive it though! :P That's not me in the picture by the way.

LOL. Apparently they got fined for failing to recall the vehicles due to engine fires. No joke.

ummmmmm, Barbie's dream corvette???!!! LOL

[post="659"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Here's your dream toy:

Posted Image

Um... Well, I currently own about a hundred or so 1:18 scale cars from the various makers: Ertl, Maisto, Hot Wheels, Yatming, Bburago, Motor Max, Sunstar, Matchbox, Jada, and Gate. I used to have a few hundred Hot Wheels and Matchbox 1:64 scale cars until I sold them. I'm planning on selling most of the 1:18 and such cars soon, too. I need the money and am a greedy little bastard... So, if your ever interested, tell me...

Bluuuuu, that is so sad.

Sixty8, that is an impressive collection!

I had another favorite toy and it was really a set, a gas station and repair shop, I would play with that for hours.  It had a metal garage with little people, props and cars.  It was heaven to me.

[post="341"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Man, I loved toy gas stations. Mine had a elevator ramp for the cars to take them to the rooftop.
Posted Image

That's the most damn depressing thing I've heard all day!  :mellow:

[post="338"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Time to start DIGGING!! :D OCNBLUMYSTER!!

That was at a farm house my mom and her 3rd husband rented for a while. Unfortunately, the house and all the outbuildings are no more. They've been bulldozed. My Matchboxes have prolly been plowed under several times since then, the whole place is just fields now.

Well, I was really into TONKA trucks. Had a ton of them, seeing as how I got a lot of them for birthday and Christmas presents. I was born in '74, so I had a lot of the late '70s and early '80s TONKA's.

Of course there were the Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars too. Then Star Wars and Transformers (Go-bots too) and GI Joe.

BV - I too have a basement full of toys I've collected over the last 10-15 years that I'm now thinking of turning into cash. I know how you feel. Maybe eBay is the answer, although I live close to a really BIG flea market and probably could make some good $$$ if I wait a month or two for the holidays to roll around.

You know, my local Toys R Us had those in-stock the other day I went (that's not the TONKA truck I bought for him though; maybe Christmas!). It was $29.99, and I know Target and Wal-mart will be at least $5 cheaper. But it was a cool TONKA truck nonetheless.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0