Sign in to follow this  
carguy22

Toyota not gunning for number 1

14 posts in this topic

enzl    0

Seriously.......can the media stop printing these Toyota press releases?? :cussing:

They have a different conflicting message every time.  Why does anyone believe or trust them?? :angry:

Who cares? It's really just a psychological issue, rather than a business issue.

what's more disturbing is the losses sustained during a year of near-record car sales across the globe! Toyota's been eating GM's lunch for years...only now the press they're getting is disturbing? It's more disturbing that the so-called experts running the Big 2 haven't prepared or foreseen this day....

The O.C.    2

LOLx2

You can't generalize with the "Germany" comment. We've never had a single issue with any of the BMWs we've had (3-series, X5, 5-series.)

Yes, Benz has serious issues.

But I don't think you can generalize about ALL German makes.....

regfootball    250

You can't generalize with the "Germany" comment.  We've never had a single issue with any of the BMWs we've had (3-series, X5, 5-series.)

everyone i know who's had a recent VW for past a couple years says 'NEVER AGAIN'!!!!

Flybrian    0

You can't generalize with the "Germany" comment.  We've never had a single issue with any of the BMWs we've had (3-series, X5, 5-series.)

You're generalizing, too, just because your Bimmers don't have problems. I'm also assuming your BMWs aren't the ones overloaded with more circuitry than the probe they just launched to Pluto.

VenSeattle    8

Uhm... it was Jim Press who made the generalized comment, not a C&G member. He didn't say from DCX, VW, or BMW. He said "new car from Germany."

If the Toyota Motor sales president and chief operating officer says it, then it must be true. :rolleyes:

regfootball    250

i've heard that you do not want to get caught with a bimmer with engine problems. you won't be able to afford it. a bimmer is a type of car you lease new, entirely within warranty.

frogger    115

i've heard that you do not want to get caught with a bimmer with engine problems.  you won't be able to afford it.  a bimmer is a type of car you lease new, entirely within warranty.

By chance if you get a bad one yeah, they are horribly expensive. A friend's 5 year old 3 series cost him $5000 in a year in brakes, steering and tranny fixes.

frogger    115

If its their goal or not, its inevitable, the writing is all over the wall (or the sales numbers and financial statements) of both Toyota and GM.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this