Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Spy Photos you never got to see

I had a good ole fashion stare down with a bunch of Mazda engineers running the Mazdaspeed 6 through its paces. I was on one shoulder of a 6 lane highway and they were stopped on the opposite shoulder. So I grabbed my stanley cup size lens and went back to this semi truck parked behind me. Asked him if I could jump up in his cab to get a higer angle. He said "sure hop on up."

Posted Image

Edited by CD/BP

How come this one was never published?

Because no one ever bought it lol

We never sent that particular photo out. No one would've wanted a photo where the car was that small in the photo. We sent out several other up close photos of the DTS itself. A few of those were published, I forget where without looking at the sales report, it was 2 years ago.

Dude! A f@#king Chinese midget mafia! :lol: :rotflmao:

Those guys are Japanese brain boy. :rolleyes: Edited by CD/BP

Guest YellowJacket894

OK some of you may have actually seen this one, but I still think its funny for the OBSCENE amount of tape they put on this thing.

Posted Image

In case you couldn't tell, that's the Subaru Tribeca.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yikes! Reminds me of that saying -- I have no idea where it came from -- that goes, "Nothing says 'unprofessional job' like wrinkles in duct tape!" (Maybe it's in someone's signature here?) Just one look at the hood screams, "Unprofessional job!"

Ugh... Makes most cars from the trailer park trash sections of America look like Cadillac Sixteens.

Edited by YellowJacket894

Yikes! Reminds me of that saying -- I have no idea where it came from -- that goes, "Nothing says 'unprofessional job' like wrinkles in duct tape!" (Maybe it's in someone's signature here?) Just one look at the hood screams, "Unprofessional job!"

Ugh... Makes most cars from the trailer park trash sections of America look like Cadillac Sixteens.

That's in our Australian buddy, James', signature.

Guest YellowJacket894

That's in our Australian buddy, James', signature.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ha! I thought so. :ohyeah:

(Okay, it's nothing to really get excited about.)

Man... I don't know how Doane photographed that rolling 3M factory without some kind of retinal damage.

Guest YellowJacket894

Wait a sec. This reminds me of something I read in Car & Driver in an old issue from Y2K. They mentioned something about how the new (current) Dodge Ram was going to feature vinyl body panels and how it would "smooth out the ride...except for the excessive wind noise." Something like that.

Maybe I'll dig up the old issue and post what it said. It was pretty stupid...but it sounded positively serious.

Wait a sec. This reminds me of something I read in Car & Driver in an old issue from Y2K. They mentioned something about how the new (current) Dodge Ram was going to feature vinyl body panels and how it would "smooth out the ride...except for the excessive wind noise." Something like that.

Maybe I'll dig up the old issue and post what it said. It was pretty stupid...but it sounded positively serious.

I think I remember that... I'll have to look at my collection. :D

Back in early '03 I saw 2 completely undisguised Holden Commodores and a Monaro, all with Chevy Lumina badging and LHD and Michigan mfgr plates driving through a Borders parking lot. Wish I had had a camera handy..they must have been in Colorado doing high-altitutude testing for the then-upcoming GTO.

• 3 weeks later...

Tell me o great wielder of the blinding flash (which obviously was blinding this poor fellow), why does Porsche even try to camoflage its vehicles? Do they really think they are going to fool anyone into thinking this is some other car?

People think GM had deranged dentistry in the 1950s. Look at all of those vents. Does a 911 Turbo really need all those vents? Did someone look at  goal tenders mask and think it would look good on a Porsche?

No I think they know they aren't going to fool anyone, but they did do a good job of hiding certain design elements on those prototypes. There are actually a lot of fake panels on those cars. The entire front clip/goalie mask was fake. The side intakes in front of the rear wheels had fake paneling over them. The entire rear wing was fake. The tail lights have fake paneling over them. Just lotsa thin plastic paneling and tape painted to match the body.

So.. why are his anal beads around the mirror? :P:puke:

:lol: Eww sNOS. Where did you learn about those?!?

For that record that is a cord from their car-to-car radios hanging from the mirror.

Edited by CD/BP