Chris_Doane

Spy Photos you never got to see

Well now that all the new cars are starting to debut, my photos from the previous season start to become worthless. :( Heh, oh well. Anyhow I thought Id post some that were never published. I'll have something nice to post once the Nitro debuts.

'07 Edge:

This Edge prototypes was being loading and this was the last angle I shot. The older guy sees me and says in sort of a long, drawn out, grandfatherly tone "heeeeeeey....he's takin pictures." Then his wife's head pops out of the car. Sort of 2 deer in headlights. I guess it might be a "you had to be there" moment for it to be funny. They didn't seem to care that I was shooting at all....which is always the best kind of person to run into.

Posted Image

Edited by CD/BP

Guest YellowJacket894

Ha! That guy looks funny. And seeing his wife's head popping out of the window jsut adds to it. And I can just imagine that guy's voice. "Hey, sonny. Don'cha' want me to say chheese?"

Keep 'em coming. I want to see what's going on with those Nitro pics. (A nice story there, too, I'll bet.)

Not so much funny, but while I was shooting a Caliber, I noticed some dude with a point and shoot camera walk into the corner of my frame. I think he thought he was in trouble when he saw me shooting him and the car.

Posted Image

The Caliber should stay undercover. :blink:

Nonsense. That car is going to do very well.

----------------------------------------------------

This Solstice GXP has clearly been put through the ringer! Heh not much fit and finish going on there. The soft top looks like a mangled umbrella or something. Of course they beat the hell out of the prototypes so when you buy one it doesn't end up looking like that! Yack.

Posted Image

Edited by CD/BP

Guest YellowJacket894

[scarcastic]Oh, I see evidence of Lutz's small panel gap program at work there with the GXP![/scarcastic]

Is it just me or does it make more sense in the Solstice GXP's case not to have the camo? I mean, if some one saw a prototype they'd just think that someone pre-ordered a regular Solstice and got it a few weeks early.

And that guy in the Caliber pic makes me think of Elmer Fudd. You caught him "mid tip-toe", there. I wouldn't be surprised if he said, "Be very, very quiet..."

Edited by anorexorcist

Nonsense. That car is going to do very well.

----------------------------------------------------

This Solstice GXP has clearly been put through the ringer! Heh not much fit and finish going on there. The soft top looks like a mangled umbrella or something. Of course they beat the hell out of the prototypes so when you buy one it doesn't end up looking like that! Yack.

Posted Image

Damn, how come these rims don't make it to production? Such a welcome change from the ones right now. Imagine a full set of Brembo brakes behind it...

Did anyone notice the Pacifica with black rims, could that have been an unmasked reskined version, or just someone that just said hey lets paint the rim?

No it was camouflaged.

(This is a 2.2MB GIF animation and will take a minute to load...its worth it!! :lol:)

OK Im pretty sure this Hyundai engineer wanted to do me bodily harm. Perhaps eat my liver with some fava beans and nice kiante. I thought the whole thing was so funny that in the last 2 frames you can see I just started taking pics of him. :lol:

The oddest thing was, he was pulled off on the shoulder of the road....and before he came at me I'd been walking on the other side of the road in plain view shooting the car! I guess he must've been burried in his laptop and didnt see me until I was moving in my car. Heh instead of stopping to have a chat, I decided to drop the hammer and leave a nice dust cloud. :D

Posted Image

Edited by CD/BP

Guest YellowJacket894

Did anyone notice the Pacifica with black rims, could that have been an unmasked reskined version, or just someone that just said hey lets paint the rim?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey! Yeah, look close and you can see an Airflite Concept-like grille.

Pfft...nonsense. What that guy doesn't know if there is a monopod behind my drivers seat that extends out 4-5 feet and makes a very nice club.

Uh.... you're in a car, he's on foot.... what does he expect to be able to do? You coulda just rolled your window up even.

Uh.... you're in a car, he's on foot.... what does he expect to be able to do? You coulda just rolled your window up even.

*shrug* If he'd gone for me or my camera the first thing he would've noticed is the doorframe hitting him in the chest. He could've just given me the finger like everyone else. :lol:

What is up with automakers and their crazy checkerboard and zebra patterns on the sides of their vehicles? I can see having camo on the front and the back but that just looks wierd. If they are trying to stay inconspicous that is not the way to do it.

That black and white pattern is meant to throw off your depth perception. Makes its very hard to see how the doors are stamped unless you get the angle just right.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook