Bored, Dug These Up

Found a few design sketches for the C5 Corvette, the 4th-gen Camaro MCE, VUE, Sunfire GT, etc. while probing the web. Enjoy!

C5 Vette:

C5002.jpg

C5001.jpg

C5003.jpg

F4 Camaro MCE Proposal:

camaro_001.jpg

VUE:

SATURN003.jpg

SATURN001.jpg

SATURN002.jpg

Sunfire GT:

PONTIAC001.jpg

Why didn't GM put this interior in the Sunfire?

PONTIAC002.jpg

Link to where these came from: http://draganelmagda.blogspot.com/

Edited by whiteknight

Really?

Looks more like a fat fendered version of the early fourth gen to me.

Can't be a sketch of the MCE - looks nothing like it. Has to have been mislabeled.

post-394-12640421690427.jpg

The website itself labels it as a "1997 Camaro sketch" and it is maintained by the designer himself. I think the 4th-gen exterior MCE was originally intended for 1997 (I know Chevrolet revised the Camaro's interior for 1997 to have more commonality with the Firebird) but wound up being pushed back a year for one reason or another (cost constraints I think). I'm not 100 percent sure I'm right on that, so don't hold me to it.

Also it does make sense as an MCE because the valence panel appears to run the width of the original 4th-gen hood to accommodate for revised headlamps, i.e. a seemingly inexpensive revision. The edges of the fenders appear the same and the lower fascia looks revised to coincide with that of the C5 Corvette, which was also new for 1997.

I'm pretty sure GM designed its old MCE cars just as they did new models; point being they have a design team sketch out different ideas. I've seen sketches for the 1998 Firebird MCE before that had fixed headlamps.

Edited by whiteknight