Hey LosAngeles

NOS2006

Does anyone know what's going on with this?

I know the WB will be changed to "CW" in the fall, the CBS-WB network... but will they still have a separate channel for UPN? By me, UPN is ch 9, and WB is 11.

Posted Image

I'm Rick Ja'mes Bitch!

Edited by Sixty8panther

I don't recall ever watching anything on WB or UPN..too much crapola, IMHO.

Fox is about the only non-cable network I've frequently watched a few shows regularly on over the last decade (Simpsons, X-Files, 24, Family Guy, Futurama)...

*nods*

I've been wondering myself how this "merger" is going to work ... not only in shows but regarding the stations as well. I watch a couple WB shows, 1 of which for sure will not be returning in the fall, but no UPN shows.

On top of that, in Chicago, Channel 9, WGN, is The WB, while Channel 50 is UPN. I'm _hoping_ that since WGN is also a Superstation, WGN will go back to the "local" station it used to be ... and broadcast more baseball and basketball games than they've been doing in the last 10 years or so since they've joined the WB network. BUT, my hunch is that WGN will take over the CW network, since Channel 50 is a station that is not as accessible to people in the greater Chicagoland area.....

*shrugs*

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"It's coming down to nothing more than apathy" ... The Fray ... 'Over My Head'

*nods*

I've been wondering myself how this "merger" is going to work ... not only in shows but regarding the stations as well.  I watch a couple WB shows, 1 of which for sure will not be returning in the fall, but no UPN shows.

On top of that, in Chicago, Channel 9, WGN, is The WB, while Channel 50 is UPN.  I'm _hoping_ that since WGN is also a Superstation, WGN will go back to the "local" station it used to be ... and broadcast more baseball and basketball games than they've been doing in the last 10 years or so since they've joined the WB network.  BUT, my hunch is that WGN will take over the CW network, since Channel 50 is a station that is not as accessible to people in the greater Chicagoland area.....

I remember watching WGN on cable when I was living in Florida in the '80s..it neat to be able to watch Chicago local news 1000+ miles away...

I remember watching WGN on cable when I was living in Florida in the '80s..it neat to be able to watch Chicago local news 1000+ miles away...

He he he...yes. Whenever I'm on my road trips, I know I can easily "catch up" on "local" news, if I'm able to catch WGN on the tube ;).

And bobo....you had to go and blow away my hope, didn't ya? ;) He he he...no worries...I'm not shootin' the messenger...just, well, disappointed :(. BUT...it is the right decision for the new network to utilize the powerful WGN signal instead of the weak WPWR signal....

Nice to know you guys don't like Black shows* (though I don't find those on UPN to be of very high quality either). I'm afraid the CW group will share this opinion.

The ideal solution would be to go seven days with three hours of prime time programming (just like the pre-Fox 3) and 4 on Sunday (forcing the late local news down to 11pm/10 central). A CNN-sourced traditional evening news would be good, as well as trying something different in the form of an hour-long 7/6:00 news. Definitely keep the Saturday morning/weekday afternoon cartoons also.

Nice way to stay different, I would think....

*What DO you guys watch anyway? This would be a good time to get into some TV dialogue among us.

The ideal solution would be to go seven days with three hours of prime time programming (just like the pre-Fox 3) and 4 on Sunday (forcing the late local news down to 11pm/10 central).  A CNN-sourced traditional evening news would be good, as well as trying something different in the form of an hour-long 7/6:00 news.  Definitely keep the Saturday morning/weekday afternoon cartoons also.

Nice way to stay different, I would think....

Yes, I agree. However, somehow, I can't see WGN in Chicago agreeing to something like that, when they have their own "networkish" newscasts ... and broadcast a lot of Chicago sports teams/games.

Course, I've seen WGN agree to odder things...lol.

As to your question of what I watch (all listed Chicago times)....

Sundays:

Charmed, WB, 7p

Desperate Housewives, ABC, 8p

Mondays:

7th Heaven, WB, 7p

Tuesdays:

Commander In Chief, ABC, 8p

Thursdays:

(sometimes) Crumbs, ABC, 8:30p

Fridays:

NUMB3RS, CBS, 9p

Saturdays:

British sitcoms, PBS 11, 7-8p

really the ony reason I turn on the television is to watch any Law and Order show, CSI, or maybe sometimes Monk (I'm a mystery kinda person), and My Name Is Earl. Other than that, TV just sucks.

EDIT:

Add: The Tonight Show, and SNL

Edited by Turbojett