Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trinacriabob

A-hole boss stories

8 posts in this topic

I've had several jerk bosses over the years. One would think that a boss with a very different approach MIGHT be a good thing. Not so in my experience. I do much better with the "in your face, tell-it-like-it-is" bosses. That way, you blow up and get it over with.

My jerk boss is a flatliner who, not surprisingly, is passive aggressive. He and I have had our problems.

But THIS STORY is NOT about me. I have this annoying, geeky but well-intentioned co-worker that is nearing retirement. He put his vacation days request down on the calendar. It is understood that if no one says anything to you and the schedule makes it onto a spreasheet, you've got the vacation days. His vacation days are on the spreadsheet.

Fast forward: he made reservations to go up to Vancouver with his wife and kids for the Winter Olympics. Boss says that we're busy and he may have to work next weekend. He would lose airline money and hotel deposits over this. Right now, an impartial higher-up is trying to adjudicate. Others have said we will work extra here and there so he can go. Let's see what happens.

Bottom line: even though I'm not crazy about this co-worker, this really sucks...and this boss is a douche bag.

I'm on my 3rd boss with this company without changing jobs.

My current one couldn't be a better boss. His predecessor is a jerk to everyone, pretty much everyone hates him, but he was extra jerky to me because he's one of the ultra religious anti-gay types.

i've had a few bosses that have made me irate. not worth elaborating, especially since i have been boss free for a while.....just enjoying that until i have a boss again......

How about when your boss hits your parked car... does that count?? :lol:

Yeah, that one sort of takes the cake, Roger... :facepalm:

I cant complain about my bosses. They are super to us for the most part.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0