07 SENTRA

regfootball

From the March C/D i just got today

98 cubic feet interior space

-this intrigues me, my old Diamante had 97 cubic feet, as did the saturn L series, so this makes me think the new Sentra is quite large inside for a compact series car.

135hp 2.0 litre engine with 6 speed manual standard

-fun and mpg?

this car might be more appealing than i thought it would be. certainly its nicer than the corolla.

space in vehicles is awesome.

civic coupe has like FiFTEEN cubicfeet LESS inside. Sad.

Edited by regfootball

its decent looking, much better than the civic or elantra etc. and if the space numbers bode out, it will have mid sized room with a compact price and footprint. great space efficiency.

Its only real exterior design error is not a long enough rear deck.

Edited by regfootball

I'm with you reg. The new Sentra is really a large compact, closer in size to the ION than the Corolla or Civic. I think it's a real looker, and the powertrain is target. I think it should also use the 2.5L I4 making around 170-175HP too, but that may come later. Anyway, from the looks in the pics, if I were shopping for a car in that class it'd be the car I buy.

i just think that for compacts a bigger priority is passenger space and usefulness other than trying to maintain 'biblical' styling proportions.

there's a middle ground where space usefulness and reasonable styling can coexist. This Sentra at least is a good effort to balance that.

FWIW i think Ion is ok looking with big wheels and if it had smaller panel gaps and no SIDE SWOOSH

That Sentra looks really appealing. Nissan has a hit on their hands, without a doubt.

ETA: Go to the Nissan site...they put a LOT of thought into the interior. Many features that are pretty innovative. Just a lot of really well-thought-out little things.

Edited by Croc

ETA: Go to the Nissan site...they put a LOT of thought into the interior.  Many features that are pretty innovative.  Just a lot of really well-thought-out little things.

Agreed. I was very impressed when I saw it at Detroit, especially given how pitiful Nissan's interiors have been in recent years. IMO, it has one of the coolest steering wheel designs around.

I like the new Sentra. However, IF I were considering an Asian/Japanese/Nissan product, I'd prefer the hatchback Versa.