Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Camino LS6

One downside

7 posts in this topic

...to the "world car" trend in strategy the automakers are using is what it is doing to design. Those damned european pedestrian laws are giving new cars a big, bulbous, clown nose. I think it flat out destroys most designs.

Discuss.

It's only a matter of time before one of the states starts implementing those same pedestrian laws.... so might as well get ahead of the game.

Pics would be helpful.

Saw something in a now-discarded mag showing previous & subsequent BMW noses... the Z4 or whatever it was: whew !

Let me guess- the Charger/ 300 already meet this standard... ;)

In general I agree that relatively, it's 'clodhoppin' up designs, but most designs were too low to begin with anyway.

Pics would be helpful.

Saw something in a now-discarded mag showing previous & subsequent BMW noses... the Z4 or whatever it was: whew !

Let me guess- the Charger/ 300 already meet this standard... ;)

In general I agree that relatively, it's 'clodhoppin' up designs, but most designs were too low to begin with anyway.

Cars like Charger, 300, Camaro, Mustang, etc., can meet the standard without looking goofy because they are based on designs that look right with the height. Where things get ugly is with other cars that seem to be designed with a lower nose in mind such as the current Malibu, or the XTS - these cars end up looking like they have something tacked-onto the nose or piled on the hood. When coupled with the trend of headlights being drawn way back into fenders, the result is hideous.

Cars like Charger, 300, Camaro, Mustang, etc., can meet the standard without looking goofy because they are based on designs that look right with the height. Where things get ugly is with other cars that seem to be designed with a lower nose in mind such as the current Malibu, or the XTS - these cars end up looking like they have something tacked-onto the nose or piled on the hood. When coupled with the trend of headlights being drawn way back into fenders, the result is hideous.

The Taurus, MKS, and LaCrosse looks like they were designed w/ the standard in mind..they seem as high as an SUV at the cowl..

It's as bad as the mandated monster bumpers in the seventies.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0