BigPontiac

TrueDelta takes on JD Power, Strategic Vision & CR

39 posts in this topic

BigPontiac    28

I stumbled onto this today. These guys seem to question the validity of vehicle reliablity scores from Consumer Reports, JD Power, Strategic Vision, etc. Seemed like a slightly different approach anyway. I also didn't see ANY GM cars listed on their comparison page...

http://www.truedelta.com

True Delta site

bobo    91

The guy behind that site, Michael Karesh, used to post occasionally on C&G as mkaresh. I don't know anyone who's actually used the site.

mkaresh    2

that site needs a serious visual upgrade. it looks pretty 'underfunded'

Very old thread. I thought there was a newer one here, but couldn't find it.

Anyway, the site received a redesign the following month, but it's been nearly five years and badly needs one again...

Over 60,000 car owners are signed up now, and Novembers reliability stats will include over 450 models. I would like to have better coverage of GM cars, just a matter of getting more owners involved.

Details here:

Car reliability research

mkaresh    2

Starting this month we have a new question to measure, as objectively as possible, the severity of a problem. Many people have been asking for reliability stats that weight problems by how severe they are, and once we have enough responses with the revised survey we'll start providing this.

Also this month: updated reliability stats.

As always, the more owners participate, the better the information we can provide to everyone.

Drew Dowdell    4,965

Micheal is a good guy and I encourage everyone on C&G with a recent model vehicle to sign up and participate in the survey, it's a much more effective survey than CR. Naturally, those of us with 30 year old Oldsmobiles won't get counted. <_<

mkaresh    2

Thank you for putting a good word in. Sorry I missed seeing you at NAIAS this year. Tied up with GM events for much of the time?

For those interested in helping out with the survey, the details are here:

Car reliability research

GM models continue to be under-represented in our stats--more participants needed for them.

Edited by mkaresh

Micheal is a good guy and I encourage everyone on C&G with a recent model vehicle to sign up and participate in the survey, it's a much more effective survey than CR.

I've had all our cars registered with TrueDelta for years.

dfelt    1,763

So when I am home I will take a closer look at joining for free, but am wondering how defined the segments are? I already tried to look for my 2008 Trailblazer SS and Escalade ESV Platinum and it does not seem to give those categories so how would it truly rate the quality, service, etc of that auto if you cannot enter in those select features?

I find this site much more useful than the other sites. It is influencing my next car choice....

Edited by A Horse With No Name

mkaresh    2

For the Encore, we now have 19 2013s and 13 2014s signed up. So we're short about a half-dozen for each.

Updated stats for other models were posted in May. There will be another update later this month.

www.truedelta.com/car-reliability

dfelt    1,763

Just joined and updating my garage with my auto details. :)

mkaresh    2

Added it, and we'll have an initial stat later this month. I think you'll be pleased.

The current stats now cover through June 30th. We're the only site that clearly indicates the time period covered by our reliability stats--there's a reason for this!

Drew Dowdell    4,965

Added it, and we'll have an initial stat later this month. I think you'll be pleased.

The current stats now cover through June 30th. We're the only site that clearly indicates the time period covered by our reliability stats--there's a reason for this!

Well I'm already pleased with the car. :-)  It has only been back for oil changes, tire rotations, and one recall for improperly torqued seat bolts.   We originally planned to just lease it for the 24 months and then turn it in for another, but life changes and we're going to buy it out at the end of the lease instead and keep it for another year or two.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.