Camino LS6

Just rescued a kit tonight

15 posts in this topic

...a baby fox that is.

The thing just wandered across the lane as I was heading home. I stopped the Tahoe and got out to check it out and the little tyke ran right up to me and followed me around. I called the other folks on the property and they all came to see. Finally, my employers' son-in-law just picked him up, and then handed him to his wife. She tucked him inside of her vest and he immediately went to sleep.

Interesting end to the day.

Edited by Camino LS6

Cool story!

Thanks for sharing that...so many people abuse dogs and other animals...glad to know that you care...

It's a good thing he wandered out when he did, I was about to let Arkus out.

That could have been ugly...

True.

Arkus does have some history concerning foxes.

Does he look healthy? I wonder where him mama is.

Maybe you could rescue a Factory Five Roadster kit...and then put down another type of "fox (Fox body mustang) building it...

hmmm...

Rescued or interfered with mother nature ......... It's not right to mess with mother nature. Yet I have to say a little KIT is sure nice to see.

Edited by RjION

Next you'll have to save a black '80's Trans Am with a red strobe light in the front and a funny British accent.

I don't think Satty could stand the competition with the Trans Am in the sarcasm department...

Great story.

I have taken in an abandoned pet for a while every now and them; however, I have definitely fed quite a few. Some of them really warm up to you and others keep their distance as they eat the food you give them.

I'm glad there are people who have some empathy for disadvantaged animals.

Next you'll have to save a black '80's Trans Am with a red strobe light in the front and a funny British accent.

Yup.... that's where MY mind went also.

"A shadowy flight into the world of a man, ...who does not exist"

Great story.

I have taken in an abandoned pet for a while every now and them; however, I have definitely fed quite a few. Some of them really warm up to you and others keep their distance as they eat the food you give them.

I'm glad there are people who have some empathy for disadvantaged animals.

My younger teenage daughter (freshman in high school) did a girls night sleep over with several friends this last week end. they were out walking in a wooded area of a park when they came upon two lost Golden Retrievers that obviously had belonged to someone and been trained at one point. They called animal control, animal control found a chip or a tag on one of the dogs, got in contact with the owners...who got re-united with their beloved pets.

VERY happy owners and the girls were really excited to have helped rescue the dogs.

Camino she is the older of the two girls you met...and Olds...the one you met...

Chris

UPDATE: The kit is at a local nature center with several others that were orphaned. While eating, and apparantly healthy, it is suspected to be blind in at least one eye.

I may have seen the mother this morning.

I'll post when I here more.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor