Just rescued a kit tonight

...a baby fox that is.

The thing just wandered across the lane as I was heading home. I stopped the Tahoe and got out to check it out and the little tyke ran right up to me and followed me around. I called the other folks on the property and they all came to see. Finally, my employers' son-in-law just picked him up, and then handed him to his wife. She tucked him inside of her vest and he immediately went to sleep.

Interesting end to the day.

Edited by Camino LS6
  • Agree 1

Great story.

I have taken in an abandoned pet for a while every now and them; however, I have definitely fed quite a few. Some of them really warm up to you and others keep their distance as they eat the food you give them.

I'm glad there are people who have some empathy for disadvantaged animals.

Next you'll have to save a black '80's Trans Am with a red strobe light in the front and a funny British accent.

Yup.... that's where MY mind went also.

"A shadowy flight into the world of a man, ...who does not exist"

Great story.

I have taken in an abandoned pet for a while every now and them; however, I have definitely fed quite a few. Some of them really warm up to you and others keep their distance as they eat the food you give them.

I'm glad there are people who have some empathy for disadvantaged animals.

My younger teenage daughter (freshman in high school) did a girls night sleep over with several friends this last week end. they were out walking in a wooded area of a park when they came upon two lost Golden Retrievers that obviously had belonged to someone and been trained at one point. They called animal control, animal control found a chip or a tag on one of the dogs, got in contact with the owners...who got re-united with their beloved pets.

VERY happy owners and the girls were really excited to have helped rescue the dogs.

Camino she is the older of the two girls you met...and Olds...the one you met...

Chris