Lucerne advertising

razoredge

To say the car sells under 30,000 and two seconds later flash a "base price, 29,999" ?

Who is running the show over there at GM publicity, promotion and advertising, they are morons, sent in undercover to undermine General Motors by the Asians and auto journalists !

Really ! Check out a Hyundia commercial or Toyota or Mazda or Nissan or even Ford and it doesnt look like a bunch of morons trying to sell you laundry soap because "look, see it comes out brighter and is on sale"

THERES SOME SERIOUS PROBLEMS WITH GM'S MARKETING DEPARTMENT

FIRE THEM ALL !

You also get a pretty well equipped V8 model for that money. This is the step up CXL model with bigger 17" tires, leather, dual power seats, leather wheel with redundant controls, dual zone automatic A/C, compass and auto day/night mirror and of course the Northstar engine. It's a pretty good value if you aren't into all the extra gadgets. Add a moonroof for $900.00 more and you would have a pretty well equipped vehicle.

Must be I missed the V8 part, I was thinking base Luzerne 29,999. Then imagining, radio delete, plastic hubcaps, "crank windows" :lol: you know what I mean, the car that cant be found on the car lots. Like a few summers ago when looking at CTS, the sticker said base around 28 or 29 but all of 20 some CTS were 31 or better. they even had 2 V's.

I believe as a socioty is it time to move beyond the 9.99 mentality 8)

Fly - Im not sure what commercial you are refering to but Im serious, I dont see the Acura or toyota or Mazda commercials to be so internally degrading. They promote their product with performance and feature touts when so many, not all of GM's seem to be about expence or somehow lame

The commercials I see for the Olympics are interesting and creative but, Im still undecided on whether the're good or not. I really believe the competitions commercials and product promotion are far superior to what GM has done.

Too many of GM's ads (and I remember this esp. last year with the Red Tag stuff and employee pricing) feel like Wal-Mart ads shouting 'Low Prices Everyday!!!!'

The ads need to de-emphasize pricing and bargains and focus on the quality, performance, and content of the vehicles.

Fly - Im not sure what commercial you are refering to but Im serious, I dont see the Acura or toyota or Mazda commercials to be so internally degrading. They promote their product with performance and feature touts when so many, not all of GM's seem to be about expence or somehow lame

I mentioned Honda.

Honda commercials are extremely lame and often degrading of their owners, showing them placing a jacket over a puddle instead of driving their pre-owned Accord around it, cheese-stuffed taglines like "Above all, its a Honda," and of course Mr. Opportunity.

The points these ads are driving home is clear, but I personally could think of better, more meaningful ways to express them.

I'm not saying GM puts out glittering gold, God knows some of theirs are bad, too, but nothing is worse than the same blow-dried cartoon character knocking on your TV screen saying, "Its me again, and IIII'm knocking."

Yea that Honda commercial was stupid but saddest part is many probably were deeply touched by it :(

what about the new one "its hard to ??listen to the engine with you doin all that yackin"........ :lol: Mazda isnt it ? These people are selling excitement, enthousiasm with a sence of humor. Acura commercials are really serious arent they? I guess I should pay more attention but after all its commercials we are talking about, they dont play them louder for nothing.

Still I think GM needs to fire their promotional people, they are undercover double agents working for the Koreans and Japanese.......you know, like the magazines....... 8)

• 1 month later...