Lots of leftover '05 Lacrosses

rivieraranch

I noticed that there are a good many unsold Lacrosses on the GM BuyPower website, just over 40 here in Florida. They are mostly vehicles with goofy equipment packages that raise the MSRP without making the car worthwhile. An example of this is a CXS without the Gold Convenience Package but with sunroof, MP3 player, stabilitrack, etc. I thought they cleared all these out with their employee pricing scheme. How do they think they'll sell this orphaned inventory?

Last year's leftovers sitting on lots doesn't instantly make the car not worthwhile. Perhaps too many were made and were passed over for the next model year's. GM sales charts showed Auroras, Eldorados, and Rivieras being sold almost a year after the last ones were shipped out and I'm sure the repeat is happening with Park Aves, Regals, and whatever else is dead now. Doesn't make them less worthwhile...

Last year's leftovers sitting on lots doesn't instantly make the car not worthwhile. Perhaps too many were made and were passed over for the next model year's. GM sales charts showed Auroras, Eldorados, and Rivieras being sold almost a year after the last ones were shipped out and I'm sure the repeat is happening with Park Aves, Regals, and whatever else is dead now. Doesn't make them less worthwhile...

You all have missed my point entirely.

The cars are not sold because they were stupidly optioned.

Well then that's the dealer's fault.

its the dealers fault for not selling them, not ordering them with the wrong equipment...

in cali here... DSLs are so hard to find, and GMS wipped em all out, and red tag did it again...

so when i drive by another dealership and i see 05 duramaxs... i'm thinking... these guys just must not have used red tag on them... we cleared out over 1500 vehicles within GMS... other dealerships ought to be able to sell at least what they had

There's a few in Brookville, I think. Atleast the last time I went to the dealership there was. But that dealership has alot of unsold 05s of everything. Brookvillians must not like the new GM models as they usually don't have this many unsold 05s... and considering the only other dealership here is a DCX dealer, which has the same Chargers they had since they first went on sale, btw....