Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lakefire

I can help w/ the top bar

14 posts in this topic

If ya'll need help. it appears that hte image is actually laid over a lot of other bars.

Josh, if you just specify a width (or a height) and not the other one, the web browser should automatically scale it to the right size without distorting it. Plus, if you want a smaller image to use for the forum graphic, I can whip that up easily.

I don't get what the problem is...it looks perfectly good and fits my screen perfectly...what's the issue with it?

I think the problem only occurs on Firefox and on computers with the resolution set to a setting other than the 1024 x whatever pixels.

I think so too because it looks fine on my browser and I shrunk the logo even more in height to just 115 pixels.

The image needs to replace the background image, not lay on top of it. You can't ostrisize firefox users, because they are around 10% of the internet users. Here is a picture of what I am talking about:

Posted Image

See how it covers important buttons: my controls, view new posts, etc.

Also see where I put the *. THat is where the image should be placed. Find the tile_back.gif located in /forums/style_images/1/ and rename it to old_tile_back.gif. Change the name of /newbanner.jpg to tile_back.gif. Or go into your css and change the name of the tile_back.gif file to newbanner.jpg.

Contact me if you have any questions. I do design too. Edited by lakefire

Fixed? Just cut out the garbled text and resized it small enough for FireFox. I downloaded it just to make sure it fit ok.

Woo! Mucho grande! (does that mean much bigger or much better... I mean better :) )

Tagline is now missing when I view the header in IE.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0