My New Ride

99camaroSS

Well fellas i finally got another car. Its a 2001 Nissan Xterra SE. Manual tranny 4x4, 100k, 6disc cd changer etc.

here are a few picture from the auto trader listing i will take some better ones later

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

the interior is as clean as i have ever seen for a 5 year old car and the paint only has 1 or 2 minor scratches.

yeah but even my 84 blazer knob was far apart and not so close to each other.

ehh. its a Nissian.

WMJ And BV I have had no problem with my 4x4 button on the Silverado. i use it all the time every dirt road i go on. have to do it rally style lol

Edited by capriceman

WMJ And BV I have had no problem with my 4x4 button on the Silverado. i use it all the time every dirt road i go on. have to do it rally style lol

Well... still, there's a problem when my Blazer, my great aunt's Blazer, my grandpa's S10, and my other grandpa's Silverado... all have the push buttom 4x4 system and all have problems. In the the case of our Blazer, it's the third time with this problem. I can't speak for others, but it's quite annoying with our's. Makes me want to drive the thing off of a cliff (obviously not just for that problem, but for it's many other problems as well... now including the rear brakes! <_< )

Kinda weird? Almost evey 4x4 from the 1940s to the 1980s used a lever to activate transfer case. A lot of new 4x4s still use it. Way more relibale than a push button.

Sometimes it plays some trick on your mind when you're looking around a dealership for a that has a manual and you think you see one, but then you look up and realise that has a column shifter :angry:

Congratulations on your purchase of a non-GM product.  That'll show GM!....that must be the 'Gears' in 'Cheers & Gears'.  And congratulations too on choosing something foreign.  That'll show 'em.

Harley, don't be like that. At least it's used. Let the guy enjoy his new (to him) car purchase. :)

Edited by Variance

Really, what from GM would compete with this? At least DCX provided the Cherokee in the same time frame, although those things rode far worse than I remember the Xterra riding. But GM? The Blazer? The Tracker? I'm sorry but this is one segment GM lost out on in the late 90's and will continue to lose out on until an H3 with some respectable power numbers shows up on lots for $23k.

Again, congrats on the ride, other than the color(green isn't really my thing), thats how I'd want an X equipped.

Congrats on the vehicle, 99camaroSS. Nissan builds great small trucks. I really liked my Hardbody truck, and there are times I wish I got a Frontier. The Xterra is a great design and is very functional, if a little rough riding. Good thing you got the 6. The Xterra is very heavy. I can't imagine what it'd be like with a 4.

Good thing you got the 6.  The Xterra is very heavy.  I can't imagine what it'd be like with a 4.

Unbearably slow and ineffiecient with fuel. And I never thought the ride was much worse than a Cherokee, but the X seemed to have better interior space and be a bit more comfortable.

The Blazer?  The Tracker?  I'm sorry but this is one segment GM lost out on in the late 90's and will continue to lose out on until an H3 with some respectable power numbers shows up on lots for $23k.

Again, congrats on the ride, other than the color(green isn't really my thing), thats how I'd want an X equipped.

Blazers suffered from inflated MSRP syndrome, but you could probably have gotten a 5spd, V6, 4x4 Blazer for around 20K. Heck, last year even loaded ZR2s were going for less than that. Used, they're pretty decent values because they have no resale. Sorry, but as a former Blazer owner I had to speak up :P

Congrats on the Xterra. Just watch out on turns. Xterras are known for their top heaviness, and I can tell you from experience that the claims are true.

I know its not american and i would have loved to get GM product but there wasnt anything GM made for the price and newness of this car that i wanted (not a fan of s10 blazers). I got the xterra for 8000 and its a 2001, thats hard to beat and i know because i have been lookin at cars non stop for the past 7 months

Blazers suffered from inflated MSRP syndrome, but you could probably have gotten a 5spd, V6, 4x4 Blazer for around 20K. Heck, last year even loaded ZR2s were going for less than that. Used, they're pretty decent values because they have no resale. Sorry, but as a former Blazer owner I had to speak up :P

Well... as a semi-co-owner of a Blazer, I can tell you that I would give my life to send all Blazers to the crusher. Stupid mother- *beeeping* *beepers* *beeep* *bee-beeeping* *beeep* pieces of &#036;h&#33;. :lol::D:P Edited by blackviper8891